free website stats program Road glide Bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Road glide Bars

candyman

I have a 2011 Road Glide, I am thinking about changing the stock bars to 16' bars. I was wondering if i have to remove the fairing on th Road Glide in order to install the new bars?

I have a 2011 Road Glide, I am thinking about changing the stock bars to 16' bars. I was wondering if i have to remove the fairing on th Road Glide in order to install the new bars?

I don't think you can pull enough slack to deal with the TBW so I'll say yes you will.

I agree with Joe. I put heritage style black bars on my 09 and you need to take the fairing off to disconnect the TBW connection so you can slide old wiring out enough to get to the famous green connection. It took me 4 hours to change bars, but not very hard. Take your time and follow the manual or other members posts.

BTW, th eheritage bars are awesome. One of the first things I should have done. Enought rise and pull back. Enought slack in all of the TBW connection, clutch and front brake cables, so no need to change them.

I do think HD has a TBW extention they sell now for higher rise bars, but then you may need new clutch cable and front brake lines, but not 100% sure.

Good luck.

You have to remove the outer fairing and the instrument bezel. Follow the TBW wire harness trough the instrument bezel and into the the wire harness cluster that is inside the fairing to find the connector. Once you unplug the TBW harness you can pull enough slack in the harness to get the Twist Grip Sensor (TGS) out of the handlebar and access the connector that connects the TBW harness to the TGS. I agree with using the Heritage Style handlebars HD part#56902-08 for $79.95 they are a very comfortable bar they will give you approx a 3" rise and a 3" pull back and your hands are in a more comfortable position and you can use all of the stock wires and cables.

Back