Road Atlas

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Mongo1958, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

An old friend had a Harley road atlas. It had lots of info and great places to visit. It also had the locations of HD dealers in it too. I did a goggle search and found a 2008 on Amazon. HD has Road trip maps or tour Pac maps but they are too much $$$. Short of getting a generic atlas, is there a Harley specific Road atlas that’s up to date?
    Thanks

2. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Join the National HOG and you"ll get one.

3. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

I have the 2011 & 2010 HOG Touring Handbooks Davidw2415 is talking about. If you would like the 2010 version send me a PM with your info and its yours.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Life member of HOG, I get one every year:s Very handy when on the road

5. Mongo1958

Mongo1958 Junior Member

Far out!!!

You got a PM

6. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Those HOG road atlas's are really good for info but I found them to be incomplete on highways. Noticed quite a few secondary roads were missing. It's still best to get a current state or provincial highway map to use along side the atlas.

7. DanDolfn

DanDolfn Member

There's a free by-ways map available from this web site. It gives travel ideas.

Request a Map

8. Mainah

Mainah Junior Member

I like the HOG atlas and have one in each car and the bike, but for detailed road information you can't beat the Delorme State Atlas They are by far the most detailed I've found and can be purchased via their web site or at most sporting goods stores.

9. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Checked their web site.
    They might be very good but a bit expensive at $20 per state.
    I could buy their US Atlas set but it takes 30" of shelf space and is priced at $650!
    They do come with gold leaf.......

10. tunacan

tunacan Member

The state Atlas and Gazetteer from Delorme is on that I live by for seeing the backroads and byways. The can sure make for some interesting daytrips, even in your own backyard. "Short cuts" that you never knew about.