free website stats program RKCustom saddle bag crash bars | Harley Davidson Forums

RKCustom saddle bag crash bars

Mikee

Hi All....I ride an 05 Road King Custom, and would like to add some chrome by putting a set of saddle bag crash bars on from a RK Classic. I have the hard leather wrapped bags, is this doable???? As far as putting any rails on, I think it would cover the ROAD KING emblem on the bags and look too cluttered.
If I am able to do this, any one have a set for sale?
Cheers...Mikee

Welcome to the forum Mikee. Yes, the rear crash bars will fit. There are 4(that I can think of) different rear crash bars. One has no holes in them for bag guards (Streetglide type), one has one hole for bag guard (Road King Classic?), one has two holes for bag guards (Electra glides), the last is called comfort profile and slopes down more for passenger comfort. Make sure the ones you get are compatable with your plans. I may have omitted one, but you get the idea of what to look for.:s

Thanks Breeze.. The sloped down ones, is there much difference between them and the regular type? I am thinking I would like either of these, probably leaning toward the non sloped bar.

Thanks Breeze.. The sloped down ones, is there much difference between them and the regular type? I am thinking I would like either of these, probably leaning toward the non sloped bar.

Pretty sure the comfort profile ones (or sloped down) will not accomodate the leather pouch or bottle holder accessories. If you have plans for either of these, you'll need to go with the standard profile.

Hmmm...food for thought. Thanks guys. Now I have to make up my mind.
Cheers........Mikee

Anybody know how much more leg room the comfort bars give the passenger? My wife is pretty short and the bars on my FLHRC hit her mid calf so she can only rest her heels on the footboards.

There should be some floorboard adjustments for the passenger...and there are likely extensions that can raise them further. May want to check the 2010 Parts and Accessories catalog...and inquire with dealer, they may be coming out with something new pretty soon...

Back