RK seat

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by moller, Dec 26, 2009.

1. moller

moller New Member

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this question has come up before. I have a 2009 RK, I love the stock seat from a comfort perspective, but i'm 6'2 and need it moved back about 2 inches or so. Anyone have any ideas whether that can be done or do i need a new seat - and if a new seat, any suggestions for taller rider and comfort?

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

harley makes a Tallboy seat that will move you back 2"

3. moller

moller New Member

i'll check it out, thanks Bud

4. moller

moller New Member

thanks smitty, i appreciate everyone's feedback..

5. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

If you will be riding solo, I strongly recommend the Corbin Hollywood Solo. It will lower you around 2" and put you back about 4". It rides like a properly made horse saddle, in that it is not soft, but I can ride mine all day with no pressure spots at all. I think their new ones provide for a pillion for short trips, 2-up.

Enjoy,
    Rich P

6. jagator

jagator Member

Ditto on the Tallboy.

7. spartacus55

spartacus55 Active Member

ditto tall boy i am m6ft 1 with hip replacement needed to move back due to flexibility of left hip for shifting tall boy did the trick

8. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

++ for Meancity (thanks smitty). I looked them up & was extremely impressed w/their re-furb process. Many comfort options at decent prices & definitely cheaper than new. I was getting ready to plunge $575 on a seat, but will be contacting Meancity instead.

Keep in mind too - new/after-market seats can also have problems b/c they're not "custom fit" to the rider. I bought a new seat a few years back for my Sportster and, believe it or not, it was worse than stock HD. Fought w/company to return & ended up w/a nice Mustang seat that worked.

9. Delmar

Delmar Active Member

If you ride solo a Police seat will move you seriously up and back, plus the air spring makes for a cushy ride. They are available for cheap on eBay.

[​IMG]