free website stats program RK fuel inj | Harley Davidson Forums

RK fuel inj

stevec314

Ok a little trivia here. What year did HD start putting Fuel Inj on Road kings? A friend of mine is looking at an older model and I was just wandering. I am trying to get him off of his Vstar and on his first HD.

Steve

I believe they started around 1995 with Fuel Inj as an option. It hasn't been until the last couple of years that it's been standard. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

My first bike was a VStar. Tell your friend that from my experience there is no comparison. My Road King is a much better bike. I wouldn't go back to a VStar or other Jap bike for anything now. He should at least go rent one and ride it for a couple of days.

I heard that. I am trying like crazy to convert him. We all got bikes with a month of eachother here. I have the Ultra, and the others have vstar, Honda F4I. The guy with the vstar just found out about an older RK that a guy has had for 16 years but only put 2,000 miles on it. He wants 12,000 for it. The F4I guy is looking at a kit bike Bobber type. Either way getting him off the Crotch rocket would be a great start.

Thanks

I'm trying to get my friend off a Honda CBR 1000RR. He finally started looking at the Victory King Pin (at least it's not a Honda). I don't know how much success I'll have since he's been riding crotch rockets for years. At least it's fun to try, I got him to go on a Harley ride a couple of weeks ago. He found quite a few bikes he liked on that ride. I think the best way is to get them on a Harley for a few days. That will be the hardest part.

Fuel injection was added as an option on the 1996 to create the FLHRI with the Morelli injection. The first year of the RK was in 1994. Prior to that I believe they were called the "classic" or "Electra Glide Sport"

Back