Risers

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by pcbunn, May 3, 2010.

1. pcbunn

pcbunn Member

Just picked up my 2010 Wide Glide and want to shorten the risers from 6" to 3".
    Can't seem to find any for the 1.25" bars. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. rancid

rancid Active Member

4 or 2 is about all you will get i dont think there will be throttle cable room to the tank if you shorten the risers

3. BOWHIKER

BOWHIKER Junior Member

Check wild 1 they have several different risers and they are good quality

4. pcbunn

pcbunn Member

Thanks guys, will check out both the cable issue and referral.

5. pcbunn

pcbunn Member

Wild 1 only have risers to fit 1" reduced bars according to the fellow I talked to this morning but he suggested I look at the fat boy short risers at the dealer which take the same 1.25" bar. They don't look quite like I want but will work until I can machine my original ones down to size. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

6. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

I have 3" riser's on my wifes 06 street bob w/1.25" bars, they look just like part# 56916-07 but can't find the package for the part#. They had them hanging on the wall at the stealers.

7. pcbunn

pcbunn Member

Went to the dealer and order a set off of a fat boy which are for 1.25", they are about the same I think as whats on the street bob. In any event I can use those while I see if a machine shop can cut my originals down to the correct height and rethread the mounting bolt. Now its a wait and see.