Risers for 05 FatBoy

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by AUST FATBOY, Jun 1, 2011.

1. AUST FATBOY

AUST FATBOY Member

G'Day guys. I have a 2005 FatBoy with standard handlebars and it feels as if it would be more comfortable to ride if I raised them another 2". I assume from looking that the standard risers are about 2", if so , that would mean I would need to find some 4" risers to set this up? Has anyone here tried this and if so , how did it go in terms of comfort and handling? Apologies if this has been done to death before.

2. wilks3

wilks3 Junior Member

The HD 56269-09 pull back riser is described as a 4" curved riser. Fits on my 2010 FB with no problem, same cables. You will have to adjust how cables hang/fit, but real easy.
    HD list same part # for 05' FatBoy. Hope this helps!
    wilks3 :D
    :USA

3. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

I put the 4 inch riser on my 04 Fatboy and it really worked for me. Much more comfortable on the longer rides. I'm 6ft. tall,if that helps. Didn't change any cables just readjusted.

4. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

I installed the 4in pull back on my 2010 fatboy and just as wilks 3 said, same cables..It helped a lot..Next winter Ill be changing bars..

5. AUST FATBOY

AUST FATBOY Member

Thanks for your responses guys. I'm 6'1" and find myself leaning forward a bit. Sounds like the risers are the way to go. Thanks again, much appreciated.

6. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

For the money thay will help but you still my want some other bars sometime. I do but cost is not in my funds know..:D