free website stats program RIP 8 year old battery | Harley Davidson Forums

RIP 8 year old battery

Scrappy

never left me stranded, didn't start a week ago in the garage one morning. took the cage, came back from work, and it fired right up. just couldn't milk it any longer, and the tender showed solid red, so i put her down. guys at the stealer were impressed, as was I. hope the new one is as good. sticker showed April 02.

just put a new one on my 01 softtail this spring when i serviced it still had original in it.had never fail to start. i know im just lucky not expecting this one to last this long.

I got a new battery earlier this year. Still had the original and that was 10 years old. And I always hooked it up on the trickle charger if I wasn't going to ride after a day.

On average, its like one new battery every year...dies usually in winter. When the battery dies I would charge it but dies a few weeks later.... So got into a habit of replacing every year in winter... I commute to work everyday and don't have time to charge.. Don't turn up to work .. No pay.

I can get 4-5 years out of a battery, I would not push any further than that and I ride every day:p

The battery on mine is six years old , but it will have to let me down before I will buy another one. It's just the "cheap" in me.

The battery on mine is six years old , but it will have to let me down before I will buy another one. It's just the "cheap" in me.

I would say you are lucky, me I would have changed it or at least load tested it, I hate it when you hit the button and nothing:s

Back