RIP 8 year old battery

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Scrappy, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Scrappy

Scrappy Active Member

never left me stranded, didn't start a week ago in the garage one morning. took the cage, came back from work, and it fired right up. just couldn't milk it any longer, and the tender showed solid red, so i put her down. guys at the stealer were impressed, as was I. hope the new one is as good. sticker showed April 02.

2. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

I'd say you Tender was a verygood investment.

3. ronc1231

ronc1231 Member

Congratulations! We should all enjoy our motor products to that extent.

4. kyhdman

kyhdman Active Member

just put a new one on my 01 softtail this spring when i serviced it still had original in it.had never fail to start. i know im just lucky not expecting this one to last this long.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I am sure your stator and rectifier feel some relief also:p

6. ultradoc

ultradoc Active Member

I got a new battery earlier this year. Still had the original and that was 10 years old. And I always hooked it up on the trickle charger if I wasn't going to ride after a day.

7. melb_ourne

melb_ourne Member

On average, its like one new battery every year...dies usually in winter. When the battery dies I would charge it but dies a few weeks later.... So got into a habit of replacing every year in winter... I commute to work everyday and don't have time to charge.. Don't turn up to work .. No pay.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I can get 4-5 years out of a battery, I would not push any further than that and I ride every day:p

9. mrtn681

mrtn681 Active Member

The battery on mine is six years old , but it will have to let me down before I will buy another one. It's just the "cheap" in me.

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I would say you are lucky, me I would have changed it or at least load tested it, I hate it when you hit the button and nothing:s