Rineharts

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by anjumkha, Apr 28, 2011.

1. anjumkha

anjumkha Member

I have read about Rinehart pipes. I want your advice regarding which Rhineharts to install on a 2007 eGlide - 96 c.i.

I am looking for a better sound. Not too loud but not Hondasque either.

Are their other pipes to choose from?

Thanks

M Khan

2. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Way to many to mention. Go to a ralley or the dealer and listen to what others have. I for one loved my Rush 2" but then I received a set of monster ovels for a gift and had to put them on just because. I do like the sound of the Rush pipes better but you can't beat all the chrome that comes with the ovels. Good luck!

3. hobo55

hobo55 Active Member

I have a set of the true duels on my 07 ultra, with a stage 1 install. Bought it that way. I personally like them , but for some they think they're too loud. Wife (and dog) knows when I'm almost home and has time to hit the garage door opener.

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Love my Rineharts. I can ease through the hood or wake them up when called upon. Cant help with your install ? as my bike is older. Some say you lose low end but its an even trade to me.

Bodeen

5. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

Well said Bodeen! I have the Rinehart True Duals and like you say, I can ease out of my neighborhood, or through town in the wee hors of the morning without being obnoxiously loud or, I can open them up if I want to. I just like the deep guttural sound that they make when I'm riding along normally. A friend of mine thinks they are to loud. I don't, and I am not particularly a big fan of loud pipes. ( I know, I know, they save lives! ) :D

6. anjumkha

anjumkha Member

Do I have to remap and change the air filter too, after I install the Rineharts?
    Thanks
    M K

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

You do not have to change the AF. Your map may be fine without the AF. However to get all the benefits of stage 1 then youll need the high flow AF and a fueler of some sort, like a TFI.

Bodeen

8. HD Texan

HD Texan Member

I was looking into the Rineharts as well but decided to spend a little more and went with the V&H Monster ovals.
    Very deep, mellow sound...not very loud, but loud enough to still set vehicle alarms off :D.

9. steve saunders

steve saunders Member

I also run the rineharts tru duals they were on my 05 electra glide when I bought it I love them and wouldnt change em!

10. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Started w/Rinehart 3.5" slip-on's and really liked the sound, but wanted to move to true-duals. I read other posts on their new 4" pipes & some say they're a tad loud so maybe stick w/3.5" if you want to keep it on the tame side. Another option is to visit a bike nite (many establishments have them), or HD dealership on weekend. Listen to some riders coming in & ask about their pipes (if you like). Good way to research sound...good luck!