free website stats program rinehart true duals | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

rinehart true duals

If you have warranty issues with your new bike and someone from Harley sees that power commander on your bike they will void your warranty on the spot.

If you have warranty issues with your new bike and someone from Harley sees that power commander on your bike they will void your warranty on the spot.

Not true at all. What it comes down to is the integrity of the dealer. They cannot void your warranty in any way just by seeing it on the bike. ONLY if it causes damage to a part, only THAT part will not be covered.

when I was talking to harley customer service about the stalling issues with my bike,even out of warrantyI was warned by my dealer not to mention that I had one installed on my bike.He told me there was corporate service rep in their shop and a tech was working o a bike with one installed and he wrote downn the VIN and had the warranty cancelled.I look to these guys to give me good service with integrety and not just a line of you know what.I was only stating what I was told by a harley mechanic.

I have RTD's on my 08 SG and another buddy has them on his 08 RG. The only difference is in the air cleaners but we both went with the SERT and had them dynoed to gain full function from all of the components. It's a bit costly but worth it in the end, at least in my opinion. Just buy your parts from one of the discount HD dealers which will help on the price of everything else. Hopefully you also got your pipes from someone like eastern performance or with luck, somebody that didn't like them and has them on ebay.

when I was talking to harley customer service about the stalling issues with my bike,even out of warrantyI was warned by my dealer not to mention that I had one installed on my bike.He told me there was corporate service rep in their shop and a tech was working o a bike with one installed and he wrote downn the VIN and had the warranty cancelled.I look to these guys to give me good service with integrety and not just a line of you know what.I was only stating what I was told by a harley mechanic.

I believe there was a misunderstanding somewhere in the translation. There are a lot of dealers that fabricate stories about voiding warranties for various reasons because they want the installations $$$ themselves. They simply cannot void a warranty just because they feel like it. There's also a LOT of dealers that sell and install PC units, SERT and other fuel management programmers and if what you say was even close to being true, most bikes wouldn't have a warranty left but the dealers service them under warranty anyway for a warrantable repair.
Read this...

Dealers And The Magnusson-Moss Act - Harley Davidson Community

Warrantee Denied/What To Do - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited:
My dealer is also a power commander tunning center.they were not putting pressure on me to buy their product.In the furture when I post something like this again i will prefece by saying "It's been my experince"so it does not sound like my word is gospel.

It's not the dealer that is usually the problem. When the warranty claim is turned in, the MoCo will decide if the claim is legitimatea and the MoCo is within their rights to deny a warranty claim if a PC or some other aftermarket fuel management system has been added; it happens every day. You can whine and rant all you want but at the end of the day, a major component of the bike that can affect engine load conditions has been modified. You can threaten Moss Magnusson or whatever that deal is and the MoCo will hang up on you. If the MoCo denies a warranty claim you just need to decide how much lawyer money you want to spend or bite the bullet and try to come to some settlement with the dealer.

A good dealer tech will tell you when you bring the bike in to remove the PC before the tech starts the diagnoistics or whatever they do. If it's not on the bike when they start working on it, the MoCo will not know about it should the repair turn into a warranty claim. A not so good dealer will throw you under the bus and tell the MoCo that a PC was installed because it is much less troublesome; the dealer doesn't get caught in the middle and can make some bucks tooling the owner around while he "fixes" the problem.

Anybody running an aftermarket fuel management system that suspects they may have a warranty issue should remove it before taking the bike in for service, even if the dealer sold and installed it.

Install the Power Commander and get it dyno'd for even more power!

If you have a fairly standard set-up, dyno will be a waste of money. Just use the standard maps. Just my 2

More rumor just not what happens in real world.
Dealer install PC on brand new bikes if you want one, in fact they reommend it over SERT
You are so right. I wish I knew how these urban myths gained such legitamacy among people.
:bigsmiley22:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back