free website stats program rinehart true duals | Harley Davidson Forums

rinehart true duals

afish22

I just ordered a set of rinehart true duals for my 07 Street Glide. I've heard several different answers on fuel maps. Should I have the dealer just load a map in the factory ecm or should I add a tuner or power commander?

Thanks

Add a fuel manager. You won't regret it, and the cost differance is nill. Much more flexible down the road, and you can adjust it yourself. Dealer download just takes you back to stock lean.

You may also want to consider a Stage 1 aircleaner .Rineharts are freeflowing and may require more air to flow to them.

Yeah I failed to mention I just picked up the air cleaner just waiting on the pipes before I put it all on.

I have a couple of buddies with street glides with rinehart tru duals and I would say the majority went with the race tuner.I have rinehart tru duals on my 03 classic and went with the race tuner as well.Its only money

Hey AFish 22, I have the Rinehart T/D's on an 2006 Ultra I went with a power commander. I also have the high flow a/c. It will cost you 1/2 the cost of a Power commander to have the dealer flash the ecm and you will still be lean. I have had good luck getting down loads from power commander and if you have a lap top they are simple to install and there tech service is real good and they will spend as much time as you need them if you have trouble.

Good Luck Hoghunter

i

Running an 09 FLHX. You like the Power Commander? Is this something you'd even recommend for a stock out of the box bike? I've built many engines and cars, know my way around wrenches. Is it easy to install and setup?

yepper ya got more questions ask .. while the TFI is a excellent device it wont tune correctly with true duals is my exp .. i went to a PCIII and cant be happier

Hey AFish 22, I have the Rinehart T/D's on an 2006 Ultra I went with a power commander. I also have the high flow a/c. It will cost you 1/2 the cost of a Power commander to have the dealer flash the ecm and you will still be lean. I have had good luck getting down loads from power commander and if you have a lap top they are simple to install and there tech service is real good and they will spend as much time as you need them if you have trouble.

Good Luck Hoghunter

i

After everything I've heard I'm gonna go with the power commander. There seems still to be alot of issues with the TFI with the TD setup. Thanks for everybodys quick response.

afish22, I think you will like the power commander and if down the road you want to change something on you bike like cams or big bore or just differant pipes or A/C you can get a differant download for free from P/C's web site.

Hoghunter

Back