free website stats program Rinehart Slipons | Harley Davidson Forums

Rinehart Slipons

hd4evr

Banned
How many of you guys running Rinehart slipons are getting a LOT of popping and backfiring with them? I've been putting up with this for about 5 months and it (EDIT) ! They sound terrible when going up through the gears backfiring between shifts. I've got a PC III installed with what my "indy" says is the correct map. I've taken the bike to three different dealers. The last time the head of service took my bike for a ride and said "hey, that's just how Rineharts sound". I have some friends with the same setup, and theirs DON'T sound like that. The bike has never been dynoed. I was told by the HD tech it didn't need it. My question is, do YOUR Rineharts do this? My bike is a 2007 FLHRC with Rinehart slipons, a PCIII, and SE air cleaner. I'm ready to pull them off and throw them in the trash. Should I get a dyno tune before I go crazy? I hate to think I'd pay $3-400 and still have them do the same thing .

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of you guys running Rinehart slipons are getting a LOT of popping and backfiring with them?

Popping and backfiring are really two complete different circumstances. You are actually getting backfiring (flames) from the Rinehart Slip-On's. I would say that proper fuel/spark mapping should take care of backfiring. (Based on no air leaks)

Rinehart's on my bike don't backfire or decel pop. Now one time I believe I didn't let the fuel burn off so when I started the bike back up it backfired. Since then I try and let Ruby idle a few moments before I turn the switch to off.

One word DOBECK. I just put the gen 3 EJK on last Friday and wow makes a very big improvement. I think you will be very pleased. I have Rineharts but have true duals. Ps. if you are a vet you can get it for 175.00$

Looking on the PC website I did not find a map for your exact setup. Found a few that would probably work well but I am wondering which map your "Indy" used and whether it is a canned map or a custom one?

Would you happen to know which map is being used?

Looking on the PC website I did not find a map for your exact setup. Found a few that would probably work well but I am wondering which map your "Indy" used and whether it is a canned map or a custom one?

Would you happen to know which map is being used?

No, I'm not sure what map. I'm going to go back this week and ask him.

I've got Rineharts, Big Sucker air kit and a EJK(gen 3) and I have no backfiring or popping going up or down through the gears.

Sounds like it could be air leaks into the exhaust system. Remake all joints applying new gaskets at the cylinder head and some kind of sealant at the silencer/header junction. Tighten the system from the head outwards, then tighten the supports after system is fully tightened. (locate the supports with loose bolts, so that it all sits in the correct position whilst tightening the joints).

Yep, sounds like an intake leak or wrong map +1 on the dobeck.... Dealers are amazingly good at blowing the customer off as "they all do that". I had one dealer miss a huge intake leak, I finally fixed it myself...as I do almost all things now.

Back