free website stats program Rinehart 4" Slip on review | Harley Davidson Forums

Rinehart 4" Slip on review

Mongo1958

I just finished installing the Rinehart 4" slip on's. All I got to say is WOW!!!!:D
Now the 2009 Ultra Classic sounds like a Harley! The sound is deep, substantial and satisfying (but not too loud).

The exhaust notes seems to be equal or at least very close between both sides. This was an issue I was wondering about with the 2009 Ultra's OEM header pipes because my old bike was louder on the right side with D&D pipes.

I did not have the time to do a road test yet. I had to clean up the bike (got caught in the rain the other day) put it all together and call it a day.

Any way I’ll fill in the missing info tomorrow. I’m curious about how well the exhaust will perform and how it will react during deceleration (popping and back firing).

Last edited:
Update on the 4" Rinehart slip ons: I can't hear any deceleration popping or back fire. The throttle response is still good. The right pipe is a little louder while cruising at 70 Mph but not by much. Would I do it again? Yes!

What else have you done to it?
Just the slip-ons or did you do air box and tune?
Just the slip ons

Last edited by a moderator:
I love mine. I have to agree, they make it sound like a Harley (I had a big smile on my face the first time I fired it up) but not too l oud. Nice soft Harley rumble. I also think they sound better today after having them on for 4K miles....just a little bit louder rumble but still sounding really nice! I'm a happy customer...

I love mine. I have to agree, they make it sound like a Harley (I had a big smile on my face the first time I fired it up) but not too l oud. Nice soft Harley rumble. I also think they sound better today after having them on for 4K miles....just a little bit louder rumble but still sounding really nice! I'm a happy customer...
I could not agree more!!!!:bigsmiley24:
A friend of mine has the Rinehart 3.5" true duels. The 4" with OEM headers has a lower melower sound. If I go with a true duel set up, it be the Vance and Hines True duel headers. The V&H's look more like the original oem headers which I like a lot. :D

Congrats on the 4" rineharts, I have the 3.5" and I love the sound I had with the stock header. But they sound a little different now with cats taken out of header and Gen3 Dobeck tuner. Hard to beat that rinehart sound.Enjoy your ride and freedom.

I ran a set of Rinehart True Duals (3.5's) on my old Road King. Very pleased. I now have a set to the 4.0's on order from the new Electra Glide. Glad to hear the good review.

It's been a while since I bought pipes but after doing some research and talking to some master tuners all over the US, the consensus is Rinehart.

Since you got the slip on's, you might look for a mech that will cut the catalytic converter out of the heads (if you can get away with it in your state) and weld them up. Cheaper than the whole set and dyno's the same.

For mine this time, I'm going with the Rineharts, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, S&S 551 Easy Start cams, and a custom flash tune. I know guys that have been running the S&S cams for over 100,000 miles with no issues. Except butt kicking performance and cooler running engines.

Back