free website stats program rim size question | Harley Davidson Forums

rim size question

gutter

I have a 2001 roadking. my question is what size front rim and tire can i go up to with leaving the stock fender on and mounted in same spot. I am looking for something larger then 21 inch. I have seen them in the bagger mags in the past few years and have started thinking about it....
thanks

I have a 2001 roadking. my question is what size front rim and tire can i go up to with leaving the stock fender on and mounted in same spot. I am looking for something larger then 21 inch. I have seen them in the bagger mags in the past few years and have started thinking about it....
thanks

I have seen several of the "custom" bikes with the large front wheels. Most have had extensive mods to the front fender. You can find out the diameter and width from most of the major manufactures, and this should give you the info you need to determine how high and wide whatever tire you select is going to be. My question to you is do you know how changing to a taller tire will effect the rake a trail and ultimately the handling of your bike?

Something else to consider is price and availability of larger size tires, when you are on the road say on a Sunday and have a flat, who is going to have this tire in stock? JMO

Generally speaking you can go 1 size larger tire (5mm) difference split in two and not exceed the more important wheel/rim size compatibility issue. Then it becomes a matter of $$$ as wheel size will begat tire size change...belt and fender clearance and shop labor mitigation issues and the list will go on and on. :shock

money isnt the issue and yes i know how changing size and what not changes everything trail, ride,etc and as far as flat if it happens it happens no one can over see every thing lol. I am willing to sacrifice the ride for that look but dependability NEVER so its gotta b both lol. I know its not every ones thing but i love that look just seeing if i was the only crazy one to go that route lol

Back