free website stats program right time for a dyno? | Harley Davidson Forums

right time for a dyno?

RITTY

I have an 08 Night Train with 572 miles, a screaming eagle air intake, pro tuner & samson shorty pipes. At what mileage should the dyno tune be done. I'm leary about putting it through that before it's properly broken in. Also is the dyno really necessary? I'm getting conflicting advice. Thanx.

IMO, a dyno isn't necessary for a street driven bike unless you are just trying to get the ultimate out of it and also depending on what tuner you are using. Some tuners work best with a dyno and others don't require a dyno to tune. It all comes down to what you want out of thew bike.

In any case I feel 1000 miles of riding is a good time to do the dyno if you have to.

I have the s/e pro tuner & 1,000 sounds reasonable to me.Since I've all ready paid for the dyno I think I'll have it done when they do the 1,000 mile service. Thanx glider.

There are three techniques with data listed on this web site:

mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

The first 50 miles is critical for ring seeding. I believe you want the AFR and timing to be correct for the first critical miles. Dyno tuning is the quickest and easiest way to get the bike parameters correct for the first 50 miles.

Back