free website stats program Right side handle bar wiring | Harley Davidson Forums

Right side handle bar wiring

shortster58

ok so i was putting on my new handle bar's on my 04 fxdli . and wasn't watching what i was doing :small3d023: . pinched the wiring on my right side wiring in between the brake clamp :wall . split 4 of them in half so it looks like i will have to replace the harness . so my question is how far back on the frame is the harness connector for the lights and how much work is it to replace

Don't have the part number but you should find a plug in the harness under the front of the tank.

This should show the correct page from the parts list that covers your model but it does not look like it comes as a complete assembly
ill let you try and work out which parts you need
VAT Free Harley Davidson Parts
Glide&year=2004&part=1694

Brian
just checked the link and does not go to relevant page but does give the drop downs so you can search

Not sure where in NY you are, but if your near Conn. There's a M/C swap meet in Stafford Springs Conn.(the speedway) tomorrow 10/30/11. You could probably pick up a right side control for $20 to $30 bucks. "Lots of good deals" at a swap meet.

Oh! brother I believe that the o4 wiring is tucked inside the bake bone of the frame it's not bad pulling them out but tucking the wiring back in can be a bear. don't mean to scare you but one of harley's great ideas

================================================

as far as wiring 71589-96b is the stop/ start switches , 71590-96 stop lamp switch, 71591-00 turn signal switch all should come with wiring, but not the pins or pin sockets.

=================================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the wires cut right at the switches ? If not I don't see why you can't solder them ? It does not appear that the package comes as a kit but rather all separate items. "IF" you have to, or just want to replace the whole harness, it might help you to see what you are up against by searching this forum for my Handlebar install video. It will show you where you pull the wires loose from the main harness.

2004 fxdli
1 SCREW 4
2 SCREW 4
3 CABLE STRAP (AS REQ'D.)
4 RETAINER 4
5 CLIP 1
6 HOUSING, LOWER - RIGHT 1
7 HOUSING, UPPER - RIGHT 1
8 HOUSING, UPPER - LEFT 1
9 HOUSING, LOWER - LEFT 1
10 SWITCH ASM., ENGINE STOP/START (W/ REF # 3 & 20) 1
11 STOPLAMP SWITCH (W/ REF # 3 & 20) 1