Riding with carpal fusion in hand anyone done it?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bignew, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bignew

bignew Member

Man, I can't catch a break!!!!! Thought I was finally healing and got to ride my new bike for the first time. Then the infection comes back and then X-rays find another broken bone in my hand. Well it looks like bone might have to come out and they are going to do a partial carpal tunnel. I was wondering if anyone has had this procedure and been able to continue riding. I have already thought about putting an EZ-clutch on my bike to help with shifting. I sure hope Karma is paying back the driver who hit me and fled. Don't want to sell the bike but if I can't ride it again no sense in letting it collect dust :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
  2. Cyclops

Cyclops Active Member

Man, I can't comment on your injury or whether you'll be able to continue riding. But, I sure hope you get to keep riding. Can't imagine what I'd do in that situation. Best of luck and I hope everything works out for the better.

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

I have a friend with a fused left wrist. It took a little while but he rides just like before.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Dont know the answer to this, but if it is any comfort , I have mush in L 4- L5, T 11 and 12 and aint stopping any time soon. I hope for you thru surgery and rehab you will be in the wind , Capital Jack Best of luck to you and hope it is not too pain full

5. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

I hope your luck turns around, and you heal up quickly

6. bignew

bignew Member

Not willing to give up just yet. The doctor said powerlifting is probably out of the question and I probably agree and riding a motorcycle is one of the last hobbies that I'm still allowed to do that I like. Looking at woman and fighting were eliminated once I got married.

7. Jim and Tammy

Jim and Tammy Member

I bet someone could rig a foot clutch for you if you need it.