free website stats program Riding today cut short | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding today cut short

mtmasean

Just flew back from Norfolk, Va today after being gone for a couple of days and planned on going riding for a while. It was a great day for a ride low 80's. On my way down to Jacksonville to meet my wife for lunch one of Florida's great drivers decided she wanted to get back in my lane because hers wasn't going fast enough :newsmile055:. Glad they made the inside shoulder bigger :s. After exchanging some pleasantries with her I felt a little better but got as far away from her as I could.

Had lunch with the wife then had to return home to take care of some things for my daughter. So my ride would be postponed for a little later in the afternoon. Was about to get in my truck and decided to look the bike over. Glad I did picture attached. No more riding the Road King for a couple of days. Not sure if my little trip on to the shoulder caused it but, glad I made it home safe.

Attachments

• Tire.jpg
    Tire.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 143
But all in all, I'd have to say this was a 'good day' overall since you didn't crash and you did find the tire without incident. Yup, I think ya made out pretty good! Better to buy a tire than buying the farm!
Glad you're okay!

Last edited:
I think you got a warranty claim there. That tire separated...

I just bought this RK about two months ago from and individual but, he did give me all of his receipts. I just need to go through a see how long ago he bought them. The bike is a 2002 that had 8600 miles on it. Tires looked brand new not original ones (Metzler on there now), also going to call the previous owner to ask where and when he did the purchase.

But all in all, I'd have to say this was a 'good day' overall since you didn't crash and you did find the tire without incident. Yup, I think ya made out pretty good! Better to buy a tire than buying the farm!
Glad you're okay!

Yeah, it was a good day and agree whole heartedly, a tire is better than the farm.

Good catch, :) I'm paranoid about checking tires, Especially on my two wheeler I check them before every ride.:

Rhino, good habit to do, spend a minute to do a pre-ride inspection, in particular tires and as you move the bike, the brakes front and rear. If riding at night, use reflection in windows in rear vue to check rear lighting, and of course front lighting as a minimum. Monthly do more through inspection...never hurts...!

Glad to hear you are all right! Had the same problem a while back...couple years ago on the wifes old sportster. Took it to dealer and the dealer put new tire on, no questions asked and no charge. They said it was a tire defect. Good luck and be safe.

I believe that is a bad tire, the shoulder incident really had nothing to do with it. Glad you made it home safe.

Back