free website stats program Riding the Dragon 1st time | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding the Dragon 1st time

Yah watch those corners.
Had a buddy ride and he nearly lost it after a truck trying to make a sharp corner almost met him head on.

Oh yah ...welcome to the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like DD said. Watch the corners. The worst will have "SLO" painted in the road before you get to them. Don't let the guys on the crotch rockets try to push you. They tend to just appear from nowhere in your mirrors. Flag them by and enjoy the ride. Tennessee Troopers work the road heavy on the weekends. Do the speed limit and they won't bother you. Remember, its not a race, its a ride.

Stop by Lynn's Place in Robbinsville for a steak. Good stuff! If you have time, make a trip to Highlands. Great road and some beautiful waterfalls right off the road. 28 to Franklin and 64 to Highlands.

Be safe!!

Definetly take your time and hold your line no matter what, don't get cocky, the 2nd time through I got a little to confident and almost drifted off the road to the right.

Basically always remember to ride WITHIN YOUR MEANS AND SKILL LEVEL! Don't let others try to make you go faster or do things you are not really sure that you can handle. It is a fun stretch of road to learn how to take curves and how to lean. Just have fun and enjoy!

Hey everybody im back made it all the way with no trouble did stop and help a guy on a moto guzzi out of ditch i was standing at the end of ride at the top talking to another harley rider this guy came flying by didnt make first curve didnt hurt him we had to line up front tire by kicking it funny thing was he looks at me and says im having a bad day this is the second time ive wrecked today:bigsmiley24: it did rain at top made it interesting but sun came out place was packed rode through skyway to

Glad you did well Wes, and thank you for helping a fellow rider...doing simple acts of kindness like that is good for all motorcyclists.:cheers

Back