free website stats program Riding Snuggly | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding Snuggly

Randall K. Wilson

This is the time of the year that I bolt on my Chrome HD Wind Deflectors part number 58121-85B $66.95 in the new 2009 HD Accessories catalog. This is my 12th cold weather riding season to use these. I am six foot even and have the stock windshield on my 03 FLHRI, hence these puppies really do work to knock off a normally buffeting of wind which comes around my windshield...huff...puff.

On the other hand, I don't like the looks of them at all. In fact in about April they will be plucked off, polished and stored until this time in 2010. However since I don't have a fairing laden bike these will do the job.

So if you want to take measure to extend your riding season or if you just don't want the extra wind on you, I recommend this product. The chrome plating on the ones I got was not very good. Oh they are not down to bare metal...the chrome is just a little faint in areas. Regardless I'm going to keep using them. Remember to check and see if these will work on your Harley model before you buy them. The ones I have will fit several models as I remember.

And as I have said before.....

Even a blind man knows a Harley when it putts by.....

Ive got the deflectors and the engine guards covers both really work .. the deflectors i just leave on year round help cut down on the wind beating ya

Ive got the deflectors and the engine guards covers both really work .. the deflectors i just leave on year round help cut down on the wind beating ya

You know along those lines....I've a friend who also had a 1997 Roadking. He was very dissappointed with the turbulence of wind he was getting around the stock windshield...to the point that he was going to sell the bike. Hence he bought those wind deflectors, installed them and was then was as happy as a lark. He kept his deflectors on year around. He was taller than I and wore a full face helmet. According to him if he did not have on the deflectors the wind would kind of shake his helment around and it was irratating to his ride.

He rode the bike a few seasons...fell in love...sold the bike and bought an engagement ring. Now he is the happy married father of two daughters.

Back