free website stats program Riding Preference | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding Preference

Riding Preferences

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usually solo for me. I am a wolf pack of 1.
I'll ride with some friends sometimes, but they want to go from one bar to the next. I can stay home and drink. If I'm out riding, I WANT TO RIDE!!!!

Next time we go riding together, I'm going by myself :D

Usually solo for me. I am a wolf pack of 1.
I'll ride with some friends sometimes, but they want to go from one bar to the next. I can stay home and drink. If I'm out riding, I WANT TO RIDE!!!!

Next time we go riding together, I'm going by myself :D

Ha-ha-ha,

Like you I ride solo alot, but always welcome the company of others, this has changed recently due to PG missions which I enjoy. I really don't like riding in huge groups, too much can happen.

Usually solo for me. ...they want to go from one bar to the next. I can stay home and drink. If I'm out riding, I WANT TO RIDE!

Exact same sentiments here.

This was my first attempt at a "Poll", so I fouled it up a little.

Note that you can tick off two boxes if you please.

Example: Riding two up but "solo" (Vs Two-up in a group, etc.)

The wife and I prefer riding by ourselves, long trips. We were invited this past summer to a "Route 66" group ride (Illinois to California) that sounded OK until someone mentioned that so and so would be the "Road Captain"(?), and that he was a very strict leader about being on time, etc.

Riding - to us - is supposed to be about enjoying the journey, not about riding in formation and worrying about that kind of thing. We've decided on never doing a group style thing. Plus, I can't help but notice that very often when you get a group of say 10+ guys, they morph into a "gang" mentality, get their faces all grimacy, and stop waving at passing riders. Looks silly, so no thanks.:lol

Bob

I prefer riding solo except for PGR missions.
WAP.gif

I often ride on my own but if the wife is available we ride together she leads i follow i don't care where we are going i am there for the ride

Brian

Like Brian I am usually out there by myself. As I get older I have found that most of my riding partners do not or can not ride for very long. My wife, if available, can still do 500 to 600 mile days on her trike, so she is my prefered riding group.

I also prefer to ride alone or two-up with my wife.I do one bike night not far from my home,but that is it.My idea of riding is not stopping at every watering hole.On a trip I will ride as long as I want,but on my own schedule.Sometimes I stop after 300 miles for the night,other times I have ridden 800miles before stopping.(That one wasn't a wise choice in the middle of the heat wave last summer)

Back