free website stats program Riding pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding pegs

I assume you're asking about highway pegs for mounting on the crash bars?

I would get the ones that match your present style of floorboards and then pick whichever mount appeals to you. I can't remember the specific name but I got the mounts that are infinitely adjustable - pricey but you can get those pegs EXACTLY where you want them!

I bought the short angled HD ones, then didn't have the $$$ to buy the Airleon pegs, so just reused my Sporty passenger pegs. I have the pegs set so I can rest my heels on the floorboards and the rest of my feet on the pegs.

My father in law came over to hold the bike up while I sat on it and made the finally adjustments to the location. Even with the lowers, I can easily flip down and flip up the pegs.

Between the floorboard extenders and the highway pegs, my legs thank me alot!

100_0203.jpg

I bought the short angled HD ones, then didn't have the $$$ to buy the Airleon pegs, so just reused my Sporty passenger pegs. I have the pegs set so I can rest my heels on the floorboards and the rest of my feet on the pegs.

My father in law came over to hold the bike up while I sat on it and made the finally adjustments to the location. Even with the lowers, I can easily flip down and flip up the pegs.

Between the floorboard extenders and the highway pegs, my legs thank me alot!

100_0203.jpg
================================================
I just figured out why my very pretty, quite expensive, infinitely adjustable chrome highway peg mounts have the ugly allen head pointing to the outside.
It is so people with lower fairings can adjust them! As soon as I did full size on your pic, it was evident. Thanks, I've been wondering why. :newsmile016:

Last edited:
================================================
I just figured out why my very pretty, quite expensive, infinitely adjustable chrome highway peg mounts have the ugly allen head pointing to the outside.
It is so people with lower fairings can adjust them! As soon as I did full size on your pic, it was evident. Thanks, I've been wondering why. :newsmile016:

so are you saying that you can adjust the peg to, i seen the allen screw and thought the directions said you could adjust it but wasn't sure.

You can adjust the peg, the tilt that is. Small screws on the inside you srew in or out and the tilt of the peg adjusts.

Looks are important but adjustability is more important. If you can't get 'em where you want 'em you won't enjoy 'em as much

Been looking into riding pegs as well on my new "used" 08 Ultra. I've been looking at pegs called jac-knifes, which attach to the bottom of the riding boards and pivot out. Looks clean - company by the name IMT Nebraska makes them and they run appx $200 for the ones I want that have what I'll call a "kick-pin" built into them..I spoke to one of the IMT guys and asked if I extend my legs over the top of these pegs and rest my legs on top..will they hold and not snap back - he said they'll hold.. Now you definitely want to make sure you don't have these extended when you approach the twisties..you can see the hazard, but these are next on my list -

IMT Products Jac Knife Highway Pegs

Back