free website stats program Riding Pants | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding Pants

gilbertpsk

I'm looking for some pants that will protect against road rash - should something bad happen.

I've seen the following brands: Draggin', Fieldsheer and Diamond Gusset.

Any suggestions as to what's the most comfortable/effective?

Draggin jeans are very good. The kevlar in the legs and butt is good protection but the jeans look great - like regular jeans so you can jump off the bike and go socialize. One pointer - I found that you're better going for a size up from regular jeans coz the kevlar lining is kinda thick - not majorly so but enough. :D

I'm looking for some pants that will protect against road rash - should something bad happen.

Let me semi-hijack and simply add a question to those already posed. Do any of these breathe better than the others or are they all pretty hot in the summer due to the nature of the materials they're made of?

Let me semi-hijack and simply add a question to those already posed. Do any of these breathe better than the others or are they all pretty hot in the summer due to the nature of the materials they're made of?

Well, Dr. D. I wear my Draggin' jeans in England - we have an annual temp range difference of about 10F :D:D

Kidding aside - they're a bit warmer than regular jeans but I find them very comfortable and not a problem indoors or out.

I can't agree with Smitty on this one point for a change - regular jeans are better than shorts :)small3d012:) or slacks but their abrasion resistance is poor compared to leather or material like kevlar or cordura. If you want to keep the skin on and the grit out - wear something appropriate - that wire brush in ER is horrible to be on the receiving end of as are skin grafts. JMHO.

I agree with CB...plain blue denim is not nearly as abrasion resisitant as kevlar or cordura. Some allow you to slip CE padded armor underneath for those fast sorties. And you just climb off the bike and walk right in after the ride. Same reason why I wear Wellington slip on boots that are comfortable to walk in as well as ride in.

Of course leather is best...because it has "a random modulus" (interleaving random grain makeup) which is very resistant to runs and tears than the other materials do not have. Also nice to be "low key" in a crowd when wearing what appears to be regular street clothes for the "social scene."

I have the Diamond Gussett Defender jeans and like them quite a bit. They don't seem to be any hotter in the Florida summer than regular jeans, but they offer quite a bit more abrasion resistance than regular jeans. I chose the DG brand because of, well, the gussett. I don't feel as pinched on the bike thanks to that bit of cloth in the crotch.

I've been checking around. There's a company in Israel called Brosh. Mail your jeans to them, and for $44 + shipping, they'll install kevlar panels in them for you.

Anyone out there tried that service before? Seems like it could be a great option for kevlar jeans (I'm not really liking the color/fit of the company's listed above).

Back