free website stats program Riding in the Rain | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding in the Rain

Just got home,I left the shop and it was sunny,5 miles down the road and the wind came up then the sideways rain,no time for raingear. I road the next 20 miles in a downpour:( Only good thing about it was that it rained lastnight and there was no real oil buildup on the road

Glad you got home ok. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hopefully no more rain if you're planning some rides.

I ride to enjoy myself and have fun. Here in Florida we usually have pretty nice riding weather but you can get caught, once in a while in a small shower or downpour. I personally will not go riding if it's raining out for three reasons. It's unsafe, it's not fun being soaking wet and I have too much invested in my pretty ride to let the weather mess it up. Call me a fair weather rider if you must but most of my fellow riders agree with me.

In New England we have a saying "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute" (I guess it's actually universal). If you don't ride in the rain, you may as well sell your bike. I've had some pretty nice rides in the rain, it just makes the whole world look "softer" somehow. There's another saying that's been around for a long time "there's no such thing as bad riding weather, only ineffective riding gear".

Here's one guy who's not afraid of the rainYouTube - SBK 2008 - Donington Park - Kiyonari Show

I avoid leaving in the rain to go ride but if i get caught no big deal its not cause i worry about it i just dont like riding in it

I am like Bud. I try to avoid leaving in the rain but if I get caught in it no problem. I can ride in the rain so I don't have to prove it to myself.

I ride in the rain just fine. I just do a once over when im done riding with a towel. but at the same time i live in az. no real probs with salt on our roads or it raining all the time.

I'm just back from the "Northwest 200" road races in Northern Ireland,and it rained all weekend.My sportster didn't give me any problems at all.No misfires and it handled really well.This is the first long journey I've done in the rain on a Harley and I was pleasantly surprised.Don't believe the horror stories.

Back