free website stats program Riding in the CCCold | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding in the CCCold

little_earl

We have a Polar Bear Ride this morning here in Memphis. I thought it would be nice starting out this morning but it's 24 deg. (No snow on the ground Smitty):D Good thing is the high is going to be 52. We ride down to the river and watch the fools water skiing so I won't feel to much like a fool myself. We do this to raise money for the make-a-wish foundation. Does anybody else have group rides like this in the winter?

Wow, the coldest I have ridden is 27 degrees.. 19 here in NC now. I think I'll leave mine in the garage this morning thank you.. The truck was nice and warm riding to work at 5 this AM.

I've riddin in 22 deg weather but not for very long. I'm hoping when I see the fools water skiing I'll warm up. lol

I have ridded down to 10 degrees... 12 miles one way. It isn't a pleasant experience so I would rather take the cage. 30's aren't bad as long as you layer up. I go with fleece under layer, next dungarees, then chaps, then rain pants. Top about the same except wool shirt ,fleece, riding jacket and rain jacket. Full snowmobile helmet, baclava, snowmobile gloves with those chemical hand warmers, electric socks and boots.

Here the temp just struggled up to 3 degrees...so it is a day to start the fire in the shop and work on getting the triple tree changed out.

First year riding in the cold. I have been (a couple of mornings in a row) down to the upper teens, the "feels like" temps were in the single digits. My normal everyday ride to work is: insulated bib-overalls (over my regular work pants) & my leather jacket over my work shirt and tee shirt.

Best face mask I've used/tried is the one from "UnderAmor".

We have a ride this afternoon, I'll be ready. Tracy

Happy New Year Everyone. My Husband And I Just Back From Our Local H.o.g. Chapter's New Year's Day Ride. Yes I Rode My Own Bike. It Would Have Been Colder In The 2 Up Position. It Was Fun But Very Cold And Yes Probably Stupid. 2pr Of Socks, Long Johns, Flannel Lines Jeans, 3 Long Sleeve Shirts. My Hd Sweater ,leather Vest, Chaps, Leather Coat, Glove Liners , Ski Type Gloves, Neck And Ear Warmers,full Face Helmet. Still Couldn't Feel Fingers And Feet By The Time We Arrived At Our Eating Destination Which Was 68 Miles From Our Starting Point. Warmed Up Fed Our Belly's At Ponderosa And Rode Another 35 Miles To Home. Still Getting Thawed Out. Will We Do It Again Probably But Not Quite As Far.

No cold riding traditions here. However, yesterday my wife suggested we meet some friends for a ride to a breakfast spot this morning. Advised the wx forecast was for temps about 35 degrees.:newsmile062: Headed out this morning with temp at 37 degrees. Had good ride (about 30 minutes each way) and great breakfast.

Just got back--35*, feels like 31*. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Actually was breaking a sweat every time I came to a red light or stop sign. Tracy

Last edited:
I made a promise to myself that as long as I owned my bike that I would ride it at least once a month in winter. So far its been two winters that I've been able to ride at least 60 miles for a ride. Made my Dec. ride on the 29th and it was great. Still trying to thaw out. Hey leathers great:newsmile073::newsmile014:

Back