free website stats program Riding glasses? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding glasses?

I have a couple pair of the cheap, foam lines ones sold at most motorcycle shops. They look fine and do a reasonable job of keeping out the wind, but are just not very clear. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Wiley X. They are optically the best I have found. The foam is removable for washing or for when it needs replacing as are the lenses. Really excellent glasses.

Ed

I use wrap around sunglasses from LensCrafters because my daughter works there. I thought I had seen in past forums that Harley put out glasses sold at safety stores that worked pretty good. Anyone remember those?

I am wearing the $13 dollar ones I found at the local HD dealer. They work well was just curious about the foam. Will have to try them on I guess. Especially since I seem to be putting drops in my eyes at least every other stop.

I spent big bucks for the Panoptix transition glasses sold through a HD dealer and I'm not impressed. They don't get dark enough on a bright, sunny day IMHO. I'm going to look at some of the more affordable options brought up in this thread - thanks for getting us started Dave!

I wear the Tinted Harley saftey glass during the day and clear wrap around saftey glasses at night but neither are that great for wind. I'm also in the hunt for a new pair.

Dave, in over 35 years of riding, I've tried a lot of glasses. The WileyX XL-1 are the best I've found, and am using currently. Shop around, I got them for $39. List is $80.

Dave, in over 35 years of riding, I've tried a lot of glasses. The WileyX XL-1 are the best I've found, and am using currently. Shop around, I got them for $39. List is $80.

I just spent a few minutes on the WileyX website and I was impressed - good selection and decent prices. Where did you get yours for less than half price?

I have been using ESS ICE 2.4, interchangeable lenes, they seem decent but I do wear glsaaes on a regular basis too.

Whoa, wait a minute. I said I got them for $39. I ordered them from a Heartland America catalog that came in my junk mail. I usually don't order stuff from those catalogs, and had never heard of Wiley X, but I thought it was worth a shot, given the price. To be honest, I didn't think I'd like them. I figured there must be a catch for such a discount. I'll check around and post a link to the best $$.

Back