free website stats program Riding boots | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding boots

Well, the Chippewas have an annoying squeak type sound. :bigsmiley19: Its only the right boot but its very noticable. I guess there is some kind of oil I can put on it. I tried several different things but I can't seem to find the right spot.

Well, the Chippewas have an annoying squeak type sound. :bigsmiley19: Its only the right boot but its very noticable. I guess there is some kind of oil I can put on it. I tried several different things but I can't seem to find the right spot.

Is it the leather or the sole of the boot squeaking?

I think its the leather, it's difficult to pinpoint it. Its kind of like chasing a rattle on the bike.

What are your favorite riding boots? I made, what I assume, is a rookie mistake. When I bought my bike, I bought a pair of HD riding boots. Chinese junk!!

Are there any boots made in the USA these days??

HD boots are made in China by Wolverine.

I think its the leather, it's difficult to pinpoint it. Its kind of like chasing a rattle on the bike.

I'd give Chippewa a call.....see what they say.

How's the break-in process going? How many days till your dogs don't bark?

I've not had a chance to totally break mine in. Just had a hip replacement and still adjusting. The one day I wore them (about 5 hours with moderate walkin' around) they kicked my (EDIT)!!! Anxious to getter done tho!

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd give Chippewa a call.....see what they say.

How's the break-in process going? How many days till your dogs don't bark?

I've not had a chance to totally break mine in. Just had a hip replacement and still adjusting. The one day I wore them (about 5 hours with moderate walkin' around) they kicked my (EDIT)!!! Anxious to getter done tho!

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

The break in is over, they wear great now. The dogs are quiet. The squeaking bugs me becuase I've always felt that only cheap shoes squeak. I think I will call Chippewa.

I own several pair, but my favorite is actually an H-D boot called Rainmaker. You can get them on line for about $70. Great support and high enough for protection. Superior inner sole cush and they are waterproof.

The noise from my right boot is unbelievable loud. It's coming from the heel. Apparently something is loose and there is some movement. I have not called Chippewa yet. The thought of sending my 3 week old boots off for repair in the mail does not sound very appealing to me.

I think the store that sold them should swap them out. I will call them but I doubt they will. If they do, here we go again with the break in!

You know... my HD boots were alot of things, but I don't remember them being noisy!!

I own several pair, but my favorite is actually an H-D boot called Rainmaker. You can get them on line for about $70. Great support and high enough for protection. Superior inner sole cush and they are waterproof.

where can ya get them on line for that price?

Back