free website stats program Riding boots | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding boots

While I had read a lot about the poor quality of HD boots, a year or so ago, I was at my local dealer buying some parts and they had a pair of "Diablo" boots on sale for $80. Tried them on, very comfortable, so I bought them. Now, I will say that I use them only for riding and so far, so good. As was mentioned on one of the posts, a pair of surplus military boots is another way to go. The are usuall not all that expensive, and they last.

i bought these hd boots in 02, still ok till now, but not waterproof.
2lx8kqq.jpg

sometimes wear docmartens boots

i just think that if hd boots were made in the states, would cost a lot more.

Last edited:
Redwing sells Chinese shoes under the Irish Setter, Vasque, and Worx Brand names.

I too made the mistake of picking up a set of HD boots for both the wife and I, not realizing that every peice of clothing in the store was made in China.

If it isn't a tee shirt from a cool location I save my money.

JBK

i just think that if hd boots were made in the states, would cost a lot more.

Yes, they would.

Unfortunately, craftsmen here in the states can't work for less then minimum wage and live up to US standards.

I will buy cheaper chinese goods but expect nothing from it.

I buy quality and will pay for it when I expect more. Local business gets my $ when possible. Langlitz, Wesco, Benchmade are all Oregon based. I like to meet the people and visit the factories of the people I support.

Yes, they would.

Unfortunately, craftsmen here in the states can't work for less then minimum wage and live up to US standards.

I will buy cheaper chinese goods but expect nothing from it.

I buy quality and will pay for it when I expect more. Local business gets my $ when possible. Langlitz, Wesco, Benchmade are all Oregon based. I like to meet the people and visit the factories of the people I support.

Right on!
If you want the quality your gonna have to pay for it. It's a nice contribution to our American work force!

I've got a couple of different pairs of HD boots; both are comfortable but the seams do come apart easily. I've also got a pair of USA-made Redwings; very good quality but not real comfortable to walk in. I'm still looking for a good pair of boots that are comfortable and well-made.

cruise works, i think is the name..very,very water proof. lightweight, re-soleable
i have had mine 10 + yrs...soft leather..

Tried everything from Western to wellies to hiking boots, now I wear a pair of Corcoran goretex duty boots. They are comfortable for riding or walking and waterproof.

Back