free website stats program riding boot review | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

riding boot review

Just grabbed a pair of black Chippewa Chip-A-Tex loggers. Once broken in they are very comfortable. Chip-A-Tex is their version of Gore-Tex. Redwing was my other choice but they don't make a black logger any more that's made here. Some Redwings are still made here though.

...I'm sure I'll have to keep them oiled though to keep the water rolling off......any suggestions on a good oil to use on chippewa odesa black leather?

I've always liked White's Boot Oil... it's kind of hard to find locally unless you live in the Pacific Northwest. You can get it online:

Whites Oil 16oz.

I've used it regularly on my Double H motorcycle boots since they were new, and the water still beads on them.

I have two pair of Red Wing boots. One is round toe steel toe work boot size 13 used two or three times. Too heavy for me and my old age, think I'll sell them. The other is the square toe Red Wing, seems just right for me. Both have a soft insole liner.

I have found most boots made for motorcycling are uncomfortable to walk in for any distance
So the boots i currently use were designed for rugged outdoor use a military style of boot
Magnum elite wp
the wp is for waterproof an important consideration in this part of the world although they have some sort of teperature control lining and a waterproof inner sock that is breathable i have never had overheating feet in them however summer temperatures here tend to be between 60 and 70 degrees
i have walked and ridden many miles with these boots on and will buy another pair when needed

Brian

You may get rough weather in the winter...rain and snow...but 60* & 70* not that bad heat if Fahrenheit and not Celsius.:newsmile071:

You may get rough weather in the winter...rain and snow...but 60* & 70* not that bad heat if Fahrenheit and not Celsius.:newsmile071:

Temperatures in f closer to 60 is the norm with high of 70 on the odd occasion usually the higher temp midweek when i am at work and low at the weekends usually get a 7 day period in early may with no rain and then again in september so it rains more in the summer than any other time of year here

Brian

I have a pair of Sketchers that I am quite comfortable in they run big so I went down about 2 sizes. They are wide up the leg so easy to move in. If you are looking for steel toes, these are not the ones, but I can say I have had them for 3 years and wear them all around the office on the days I ride in and they are quite comfortable.

We have a work boot program at work through Redwing. I've asked those who have purchased through the program to look at their boots......ALL were made in China.

Back