free website stats program Riding at night | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding at night

My riding buddies use those yellow lense glasses and they claim it brightens things up considerable.

I use Uvex safety glasses,I buy them by the box for the shop,clear and tinted.The way I go through glasses losing them or stepping on them I wouldn't think of buying anything more expensive.

It looks like we think a lot alike. My favorite night glasses are a $2(on construction jobs we get them free:D) a pair safety glasses( Starlite). They fight the wind good, and I have never had a fogging up problem. I found out years ago, IMO at least, that it is a total waste of money buying the "fancy hundreds of dollars a pair glasses", when the cheaper ones work just as well, and a lot of times even better.

gateway-starlite-safety-glasses-anti-fog-lens-2150.jpg

I found out years ago, IMO at least, that it is a total waste of money buying the "fancy hundreds of dollars a pair glasses", when the cheaper ones work just as well, and a lot of times even better.

And if you lose them or drop them and scratch them up real bad, it's not a life altering experience!

Home Depot bargain safety glasses, i experimented a few years ago and go the the light blue lenses. Worked beautifully for night riding, absolutely no glare whatsoever from oncoming cars. havent been able to find any more like them so I use yellows and they work great. Never spent more than 5-7 bucks on a set.

I wear tinted safety glasses during the day & have a clear pair for at night.
I also wax my glasses inside & out for when I`m caught in the rain. they don`t fog & the water beads off.

I use Uvex safety glasses,I buy them by the box for the shop,clear and tinted.The way I go through glasses losing them or stepping on them I wouldn't think of buying anything more expensive.

+1 although I get mine from northen tool, or harbor freight....safety glasses rule...

Joe Boxer bifocals sunglasses during the day They look alot like K D Original KD's - Sunglasses @ night I have clear prescription bifocals, never really have any problems, if I do a bit of spit takes care of it:D

I bought a bunch on ebay with amber, clear and dark and I really like the ambers for at night. They keep the anti glare down quite a bit. On the same topic of night riding anyone else have guys flashing the high beams at em when running with the spot lights on?

Back