free website stats program Riding Again | Harley Davidson Forums

Riding Again

cfarone

Man its nice to be riding again. I got my bike out of winter storage about a week ago since the weather has turned for the better. It been in the 50s in upstate NY so I figured it was time to ride. Hope all of you in the Northeast are having the same time of weather and are back under two wheels without snow under them.:)

Welcome Cfarone, and so glad to see you enjoying the "passage" of winter with your first ride. Where are you located, to give us a feel just how "patient" you were...?:newsmile108:

I got the 2 big twins out today did 25 miles on each of them just a shake down run after their winter maintenance and so i could get a good hot oil level check done as normal too much in the softail and not enough in the dyna both levels now adjusted to correct hot level
Softail ran great from the start but had a lot of hiccuping with the dyna for the first couple of miles and temp was about 11c so towards the top of carb icing temps but still that wee bit of icing on the cv carb
so now keeping my eyes open for a mikini hsr 42 for the dyna it just works so much better here at this time of year than the stock cv

Brian

Getting ready to go out for a ride myself, the weather is a little cool 42 degrees but it is the first day of spring!

I am located in Watertown , NY. This is about
30 miles south of Canada and about 60 miles north of Syracuse.

Getting ready to go out for a ride myself, the weather is a little cool 42 degrees but it is the first day of spring!

And I did go out for a short ride but long enough to get everything up to operating temperatures. It was a bit chilly with the clouds, overcast sky and a nice breeze!

Put just over 200 miles last week, temp in the 60's.This week temps in the 20 and 30's.Next friday looking @ 70's. Gotta love upstate ny.

We got about 200 miles in last Saturday ride out to Geneva HD, my brother, nephew and my self on 05 Heritages my oldest on a Duciti had to laugh he finially when someplace he did not hear his chain.

This weekend looks awesome 70 and Sunny Friday 75 and Sunny Saturday. Enjoy!

Back