free website stats program Ridin' in the rain... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ridin' in the rain...

Usually, when I've been caught in the rain, I was wearing an open-faced helmet and sunglasses. I don't mind getting wet, but the rain hitting my face feels like bees! (Old shovelhead, no windshield.) I'm the guy that you see, riding in the rain, holding is hand out in front of him, trying to "block" the bees from hitting him in the face! I've started carrying a bandana to tie on my face, Billy the Kid-style, to block some of the rain. Then, I'll tip my helmet as far forward as i can to cover my forehead.

I'm with you on that. I always put my hand out in front of me, then luckily on the last long trip I did I brought along a bandana. Best thing I ever did, made the ride much more enjoyable and if your thirsty you can just suck it off the bandana. :D

My biggest deal w/rain is wearing eyeglasses. I can handle the wet, slick, stinging drops, but once my vision's distorted - time to find a bridge, or spot to wait it out.

My biggest deal w/rain is wearing eyeglasses. I can handle the wet, slick, stinging drops, but once my vision's distorted - time to find a bridge, or spot to wait it out.

You got that right! I can't tell you how many times I have torn my foggy, condensation laden, rain dropped glasses off of my head in total aggravation because I couldn't see a thing! What helps me is, I keep a small micro fiber towel right in my windshield pouch just for that purpose. Also, I bought the Scorpion helmet which has a built in visor that recesses inside the helmet. When it starts to rain I deploy that visor which acts as a hand held in front of my glasses to keep the rain off.

Back