free website stats program rider's backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

rider's backrest

Billbo

Hey all again, I have another question for all ya'll.

ARE there any 'safety' concerns for the PASSENGER, if the rider has a backrest installed? I guess I'm mostly talking about in the 'case of accident' or having to lay the bike over for some reason?? Would the passenger get "hung up" on the backrest? or worse? And I do realize unless you've experienced 'the wreck' under these conditions - this will be mostly opinions.

Thanks
Bill

I would say there are too many variables at play during an accident to predict what you are asking about. Just get the backrest.

I would say there are too many variables at play during an accident to predict what you are asking about. Just get the backrest.

and don't have an accident!!!! :D

I use my riders backrest and one benefit I've noticed is that if I have to hit the brakes hard for whatever reason, she doesn't come sliding forward pushing me up. But she does squeeze me much tighter at that moment, which is sometimes a good thing, sometimes not, depending on where she's squeezing at that particular time :s

and don't have an accident!!!! :D

I use my riders backrest and one benefit I've noticed is that if I have to hit the brakes hard for whatever reason, she doesn't come sliding forward pushing me up. But she does squeeze me much tighter at that moment, which is sometimes a good thing, sometimes not, depending on where she's squeezing at that particular time :s

Thanks guys, I think I would like to get one for me.... she has one. Just thinking too much I guess.

Oh yeah -- I have the one piece (for two people) studded Mustang seat - can I even put a riders backrest on it -- or do I need to contact Mustang about that?
Bill

Your seat would need to be slotted between rider and passenger, then under the seat you need the backrest receiver, another slot that the rider backrest slides and locks into. If this is the type of backrest your looking at?

Back