Rider Front Foot Pegs

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by jimgaulin, Sep 15, 2009.

1. jimgaulin

jimgaulin Member

I have a 2008 Harley 1200 Sportster Custom.I don't like my foot pegs.They are about 3in. long.I would like to get longer ones.( about 5in. long) I go into sites looking for some but..(new rider) I don't understand all this male,passanger only,and other things.I don't want to order something that is wrong.Can anyone please tell me in simple talk what I need to do_Or better yet where and order number to get some?

Thanks,
    Jim:52:

2. hotrod351

hotrod351 Member

im pretty sure by asking male, they mean that the peg has a male connector on the end. either the pegs are going to be male or female.

3. hammerhead pat

hammerhead pat Active Member

Tons of options out there. Try Dennis Kirk or J&P Cycles online. They'll send you a free catalog and really get your mind wandering.

4. jimgaulin

jimgaulin Member

Thanks all

5. Smokintoad

Smokintoad Member

2010 Harley catalog page 566 item E #3
    PN# 49500-92T 5" extended footpegs $39.95 ..... stock style pegs with chrome end caps, should work in rider position. I have seen them on the shelf at the dealer.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Standard Harley peg mounts are "Male"...in that the peg has the notched tab that inserts into the female square "U" hinged receiver with spring steel tension washer in-between on one side, the retainer pin passes thru the works and a washer & cir clip hold it all in place.

You may want to look at the Küryakyn website for ideas, I use the ISO Mini-Wings, as they are compact floorboards that are trick, but not bulky.

Küryakyn - Metric - ISO®-Wing Mini Boards