free website stats program rider backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

rider backrest

murmax

Hello, I need to put on a rider backrest. I am leaning toward either a utopia brand or a calvary customs or mustang adjustable. Does anybody have these backrests and any comments(good or bad) would be appreciated. backrest is going on a 2008 ultra. thank you

If I'm not mistaken Harley makes one for your stock seat, as a matter of fact in the past they made two different ones - one that has an adjustment to move it forward and back.

If I'm not mistaken Harley makes one for your stock seat, as a matter of fact in the past they made two different ones - one that has an adjustment to move it forward and back.
You are correct, I installed one from Harley and it was a easy job. The bracket on the fender is adjustable as well as the up and down of the backrest.

I have found that on my 2008 EG the stock Harley back rest not only looks the best but is also endorsed by my Wife's comfort when riding 2 up....

I have the Harley adjustable on my ride 2010 FLHTK and it works great. Very comfortable and the ability to adjust is nice. I've installed 3 now and it's not overly difficult, but you do have to pay attention to your air shock tube...

I have the Kuryakyn 1670 Plug-In Driver Backrest and I LOVE it.
Very easy to install and works great.

Hello, I need to put on a rider backrest. I am leaning toward either a utopia brand or a calvary customs or mustang adjustable. Does anybody have these backrests and any comments(good or bad) would be appreciated. backrest is going on a 2008 ultra. thank you

I have the Mustang and like it. Haven't tried any others so I have nothing to compare it to, but works well. It's a huge difference maker on long rides. I can adjust it up or down and front/back, not on the fly, but I haven't had a need to adjust on the fly. Folds down for easy on/off the bike, and removes just as easily when not needed. I also like that it's not really bulky, so it looks good too, and it also fits in a saddle bag if needed. No complaints.

Back