free website stats program Rider backrest/09 RG? | Harley Davidson Forums

Rider backrest/09 RG?

Rubbit

Those of you who have a rider backrest on touring bikes, looking at the adjustable both remote adjuster and manual adjuster, is it easy to install and are you able to remove the top part/part above the seat easily and is it worth the money. Looking at having one for long rides. Putting together a list of things i need more so than want, seat, windshield, lowering shocks,etc. Any help or info. would be great.:D

If you are going to be doing any long trips (and who doesn't with a HD Touring bike) I feel like the adjustable backrest and highway pegs are absolute necessities. They allow you to make subtle shifts in your seating position and relieve pressure points for hours in the saddle.

I've heard that the stock RG seat is very comfortable but if you're not happy with it, that would also go to the top of my list.

Lastly, a Clearview/recurve windshield or something similar really cuts down on the buffeting on your head which also helps on long legs.

Good luck with your new baby and ride safe!

I have the HD adjustable backrest & I love it :) It is easy to remove when you dont want it on but I hardly ever take it off . Add some foot pegs with the adjustable mounts & you have a great combo IMO .

I've got the adjustable backrest and love it as well. Put a Sundowner seat on my Street Glide, so I don't use the backrest all the time now, but it's great for longer rides; easy to take off and put on. I'll also second Dr. Do's recommendation of the Clearview recurve W/S. I got a 10 1/2" and absolutely love it.

The adjustable is worth every penny. It's one of those things that after you install it you wonder how you made it this far without.

What tha' ...I think my monitor is hearing voices...."Pledge Works"

...was Glider whispering to you when the photo was taken? Just think'in that mainframe is all seeing and now all hearing...:O)

Those of you who have a rider backrest on touring bikes, looking at the adjustable both remote adjuster and manual adjuster, is it easy to install and are you able to remove the top part/part above the seat easily and is it worth the money. Looking at having one for long rides. Putting together a list of things i need more so than want, seat, windshield, lowering shocks,etc. Any help or info. would be great.:D
I put one on my 09 Road King and love it. One benefit is if you find yourself in a place where you have to push backwards, it makes life a whole lot easier! With a Sundowner seat and adjustable highway pegs, all I need is a TV and a beer, and it would be the same as sitting at home in the recliner!!!!!

I put one on my 09 Road King and love it. One benefit is if you find yourself in a place where you have to push backwards, it makes life a whole lot easier! With a Sundowner seat and adjustable highway pegs, all I need is a TV and a beer, and it would be the same as sitting at home in the recliner!!!!!

I didnt think of that before, but being able to push against it like backing up is a good idea. Looking at the instructions for installing the remote backrest, its hard to tell where the remote lever is installed. I think its up under the back of the tank. Can anybody confirm?

Back