free website stats program Ride to Anna Maria/Sarasota | Harley Davidson Forums

Ride to Anna Maria/Sarasota

Mavagrand

Wife and I took the scoot to Anna Maria/Sarasota today. Oh my!! Beautiful day to ride. Temp was in the high 80s, sky was clear and the Gulf water was a pearlescent green. Could feel the stress melting away. Only thing not enjoyable was the Lovebugs. They seem to get worse every year. The front of my bike was litteraly covered in black wings, orange dots (thorax) and smelly acidic guts. These bugs are so acidic they can ruin your paint. So..when we got to Cortez beach I wet a towel in the bathroom and slowly began to get them off. Finished with some Pledge I carry in the saddlebag and she looked new.

Anyway, I am really impressed with this Stage 1. My bike never went into heat management. Prior to installing the Stage 1, she would have been cooking at the stop lights. She ran great. Stopped at the Gulf Beach Cafe on Bradenton Beach for lunch. Excellent.

Anna Maria Island is a great place, I lived in Sarasota for several years, my sister and husband still there, always wanted to take the bike over the skyway bridge, some day soon.

Mav,

Good to hear your stage 1 is working out for you. When I started reading your post, the first thing that came to mind was, man the love bugs must have been bad. Then I got to that part.

Bodeen

On my way home from church had to stop for gas..had a guy tell me.."the lovebugs must be killing you". I told him I am washing the bike at least twice a day because of them, he laughed. Then I told him that after hosing the big pieces off, I finish it with some pledge and a micro fiber cloth.....he looked at me like I was crazy. As I was leaving he was still at the station, scrubbing bugs off his windshield. My turn to laugh...I stopped and asked him if he wanted to borrow my pledge. hehe

I spent 1 winter down on Anna Maris Is. Very much enjoyed it there. Used to run from Bradenton beach to Anna Maria Is and back every day.. I used to swim around the little erosion controll jettys till I watched the news and you could see swimmers and sharks in the same viedo! Had to have been a beautiful ride.

On my way home from church had to stop for gas..had a guy tell me.."the lovebugs must be killing you". I told him I am washing the bike at least twice a day because of them, he laughed. Then I told him that after hosing the big pieces off, I finish it with some pledge and a micro fiber cloth.....he looked at me like I was crazy. As I was leaving he was still at the station, scrubbing bugs off his windshield. My turn to laugh...I stopped and asked him if he wanted to borrow my pledge. hehe

Mavagrand,
Try Bounce dryer sheets, keep a few in your saddlebags. I tell you it makes getting those guys off a lot easier. just rinse well, then follow with Pledge.

Mavagrand, aint it great living here in Florida where we can ride year round, glad your stage 1 is working good for you:s

UPdate: Just took another trip to Sarasota. This stage 1 is great! the ambient temperature was around 96* today in Florida and I spent close to an hour on I75, hitting 70 followed by bout thirty minutes in stop and go traffic. Bike never went into heat management. I am loving it. prior to stage 1 install, she would have went into HM at almost every light. By the way, those that can should visit Troyer's Dutch Restaurant on Bahia Vista in Sarasota. It's run by the Amish and the food/atmosphere is great! "Ride safe.

Thanks for the update Mav. Happy the stage 1 has worked nicely for you. I rode with a buddy to Ft. Pierce and back today. It was a beautiful day for a ride.
We did see a guy who had obviously got pulled out in front of. His bike was laying in the middle of US1 and a Mercedes was sitting side ways in the intersection. I could hear the driver of the Mercedes saying "I didn't even see him"! The paramedics were on him when we got there. God bless him.

Bodeen

Back