free website stats program Ride-On TPS | Harley Davidson Forums

Ride-On TPS

Seems like another company attempting to claim they can prevent flats. While I haven't used TPS, I do use the 'green slime' in my ATVs. I don't know if they really work or if they're a false sense of security.

There's just too many variables when it comes to motorcycle tires and potential flats, and having on 2 points of contact with the road. While there's no majic solution that will prevent them all, I suppose any additional help eliminates a variable or some variables; provided the pros aren't outweighed by the cons (such as potential corrosion, balancing, etc.).

I too, will be interested in input from those that have used such. Thanks for posting the question.

In 25 years of riding never had a flat. Though on a sport bike with z rated tires which are very soft, picked up nail in rear twice. Tire never went flat just replaced it. So with the tire technology today and not running tires till bald I would not use any type of Fix a Flat. I believe the odds are in my favor....

Personally have not used the stuff, but it is used in cages and such (a variant called Green Slime)...basically uncured rubber in solution. Probably will work for getting you to a servicer to replace the tire, but I have heard it is "messy" for the tire servicer replacing the bad tubeless tire. I would be more interested in how it performs on spoked wheels with inner tube and rim strip.

Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On Tire Sealant

Personally have not used the stuff, but it is used in cages and such (a variant called Green Slime)...basically uncured rubber in solution. Probably will work for getting you to a servicer to replace the tire, but I have heard it is "messy" for the tire servicer replacing the bad tubeless tire. I would be more interested in how it performs on spoked wheels with inner tube and rim strip.

Motorcycle Formula (MOT) - Ride-On Tire Sealant
http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycle-formula-mot.html

Read the labels carefully, some of this stuff is highly explosive, tell the person who is working on the tire you have used what ever product such as fix a flat or slime, special procedures for safety should be followed when repairing the tire, and it can degrade the inner lining of the tire if left in too long making repairs hard if not impossible

Back