free website stats program RG Headlight Housings? | Harley Davidson Forums

RG Headlight Housings?

revok1200

I have an 06' RG which still had the clear plastic lens over the two headlamps.

Are the newer bikes headlight assemblies built differently (sealed) since they don't have the clear plastic covering or can the older bikes be ran without the plastic cover without issue?

Mine looks like it may be forming a crack and I was just wondering....:bigsmiley30:

I have an 06' RG which still had the clear plastic lens over the two headlamps.

Are the newer bikes headlight assemblies built differently (sealed) since they don't have the clear plastic covering or can the older bikes be ran without the plastic cover without issue?

Mine looks like it may be forming a crack and I was just wondering....:bigsmiley30:

Harley sells this bezel, so I guess you can run without the clear plastic cover:Harley Davidson Road Glide Contoured Headlight Bezel | eBay

I'd thought about getting a smoked bezel. Kinda my way of trying to black everything!
Are they available and are there any negatives

Then thinking of brightening the stock headlight to compensate for the smoked lens

Suggestions please!

Happy Trails Bob

I'd thought about getting a smoked bezel. Kinda my way of trying to black everything!
Are they available and are there any negatives

Then thinking of brightening the stock headlight to compensate for the smoked lens

Suggestions please!

Happy Trails Bob

Careful brightening those headlights. I tried and the excess heat cracked the lenses on the headlights. Costly

Stopped by the dealer today and talked with the Service guys. They said they are not sure if it is a direct fit or not and then after printing off the diagram for each fairing they think several parts would have to be changed out.

It looks like it is a two piece bezel that sandwiches the headlights, and the headlights are different components?

At a minimun it looks like I would have to order the two piece bezel and new lights and even then would not be sure until I got everything together.

I have attached the two diagrams for reference.

The clear plastic lens is only about $70, so it would be the cheaper way to go.

Does anyone have a really good picture of a 2010 or newer fairing (Inside) looking at the back of the headlights.

Attachments

• 2006 RG Fairing.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 2010 RG Fairing.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
HDDON - I went back and looked at the link you attached earlier. It does state it will work on all RG's.

I have spent more on dinner than for that part, so I may just try it anyway.

I know on the 11 it is designed to be able to remove the bezel and change bulbs without removing the fairing like on earlier models. You remover the cover the there are small phillip screws that hold the lights in.

I put that bezel on my 2001 RGlide - didn't need or use anything other than the bezel - if and when you want to take it off, you will need to take the fairing off to remove the 1 piece bezel - sure looks a lot better though. I did this over a year ago, not positive but if I remember correctly it only cost around 50 to 60 bucks

I put that bezel on my 2001 RGlide - didn't need or use anything other than the bezel - if and when you want to take it off, you will need to take the fairing off to remove the 1 piece bezel - sure looks a lot better though. I did this over a year ago, not positive but if I remember correctly it only cost around 50 to 60 bucks

Did you use just the single outer bezel or multiple parts, it looks to me like just the outer is all you need

Back