free website stats program RevTech | Harley Davidson Forums

RevTech

James77

How are RevTech engines? I'm planning on building me a bike and was looking at my engine options.

How are RevTech engines? I'm planning on building me a bike and was looking at my engine options.
Here is what I get when I use the top of Page in "Search Forum", Must be a few answers there..

signed....BUBBIE

Welcome to our site...

Revtech Engines Sale
Buycheapr

Revtech-Engines Save up to 82% on Revtech Engines Bargains!
S&S @ MC Advantages
MC Advantages

Performance Parts For Every Model Of V-Twin And H-D® Motorcycle. RevTech Engines

Motorcycle Parts
http://www.jpcycles.comMotorcycle Parts P Cycles

Top 5 Motorcycle Engine
Looking for Motorcycle Engine?
Compare Prices & Save Big Today
Best Price Finder and Comparison Shopping Online at NetShoppers

Custom Search
125" RevTech - Harley Davidson Community
I have read a lot about S&S engines, but haven't heard much about the RevTech. Has anyone had any experience with this engine? Thoughts? ...

Just my opinion but if I were building a bike I think I would look at one of the HD motors that you find from places like WV HD. These are brand new motors and you have HD to fall back on.

Just my opinion but if I were building a bike I think I would look at one of the HD motors that you find from places like WV HD. These are brand new motors and you have HD to fall back on.

That's what I've been thinking too!

Depends on what you are building the bike for. Throw away training bike? Long term keeper? Something to sell fast?

These questions and those not listed affect the answer to the question you posed. RevTech is a brand with lots of baggage on the negative side. They are not robust. So if you what this bike to last a long time before fiddling with it, and you may be gonna work it hard, invest in a more robust power plant, like S&S or Ultima, etc.

If you want a replica engine of some of the early models, you need to find a custom performance shop that builds knock-offs. Go see them.

If you want cheap in order to turn the bike over quickly, RevTech may be a good fit.

I would not buy a new HD engine for a home build. You will not see a return on the investment, and HD will not stand behind the engine any longer than the original warranty if that even (if you modify it, it's yours!). A used engine or rebuilt one (from a known shop) may be a reasonable deal.

So, basically you have to evaluate what you need the engine/bike to do, and then make decisions from that. There is no simple answer that is worth having.

TQ

Depends on what you are building the bike for. Throw away training bike? Long term keeper? Something to sell fast?

These questions and those not listed affect the answer to the question you posed. RevTech is a brand with lots of baggage on the negative side. They are not robust. So if you what this bike to last a long time before fiddling with it, and you may be gonna work it hard, invest in a more robust power plant, like S&S or Ultima, etc.

If you want a replica engine of some of the early models, you need to find a custom performance shop that builds knock-offs. Go see them.

If you want cheap in order to turn the bike over quickly, RevTech may be a good fit.

I would not buy a new HD engine for a home build. You will not see a return on the investment, and HD will not stand behind the engine any longer than the original warranty if that even (if you modify it, it's yours!). A used engine or rebuilt one (from a known shop) may be a reasonable deal.

So, basically you have to evaluate what you need the engine/bike to do, and then make decisions from that. There is no simple answer that is worth having.

TQ

Just want one to ride. Don't want no race bike or nothing, I've been looking at used engines too!

Saw a SE 120 going into a brand new Street Glide yesterday, looked pretty nice. At 135 hp out of the crate would mean you won't be the last one to get there.

This is only heresay, but I have heard more bad about rev-tech then anything else. The guy I go to swears that the Ultima motors are a good bang for your buck motor. If you don't care about hp, why not look on CL or ebay for a wrecked bike. There are a surprising # of bikes that have under 10,000 miles and they are wrecked but still have a good motor, trans and some other usables on them. For what you pay for a wreck compared to the cost of a new motor and trnas alone, you would be ahead of the game. JMO as always.
Whatever you decide to do, if you do build a bike, you are now obligated to post some pictures here when you are done.

Rev Tech= foreign made I would opt for a new HD in the crate motor JMO

Back