free website stats program Revtech 6 speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Revtech 6 speed

1/4 the Price and 1/4 the Quality:small3d012:

I have seen guys ride a few weeks and another lasted a few months! and the rev tech went PUKE!
The one guy saved his old tranny and was glad he did...He had it replaced under warranty and sold the new one when it came in!

Save your money up and get a Baker!

Plus Baker has a 5 yr warrenty Thats because they know there units are TOUGH! & THEY LAST!

better check to see if Rev-Tech makes the OD Tranny for your FLHT remember HD's Tranny is not an OD They call them Cruise Drive!,,,,,,its still 1to1 in 6th gear Bakers has a .86 reduction in 6TH they even offer a .80 reduction for some Trannys!

The five year warrantee is huge,I'm slowly starting to see the light .I also am hearing HDDon.I don't like thieves ,which makes me rethink the copycats .But all said ,if 3000 is entry ,i'll probably stick with my HD 5 speed .

Generally you get what you pay for. The Rev tech is Korean made.:s

I have worked on lots of Rev Techs They are on the cheap, I expected more from CCI, after seeing there display trailer in Sturgis 1990:p

I am not an expert on Baker but it looks like you can buy the DD6 gear set with all the bearings and parts needed to go in you harley trans box for about $2300. Not cheap but a $700 to $800 savings. Looks like the kit comes assembled with a Baker trap door and cover ready to drop in. Anybody gone this route?

I had to install revtech 6 speed in my 03 RG . HD gave up at 51000 miles. I have rode a
little over 4000 miles with no problems. Money was the reason for going this route.

I had to install revtech 6 speed in my 03 RG . HD gave up at 51000 miles. I have rode a
little over 4000 miles with no problems. Money was the reason for going this route.

I don't want to get personel, but can you tell me what you paid for the RevTech?

I understand that you get what you pay for.But do you have any personal experience with the revtech,or how about an Ultima.If Baker could get a little more realistic on price .Baker it would be .But not for three to four times the money.I have a boat shop and even though i fought it to began with ,the chinese are making some decent replacement parts for Mercruiser and OMC,including complete drives .The result is that the oem's are having to lower markup to be competative.How about you ,Baker.Just sayin

If you cant spring for the baker, ultima is a much better option than revtech. Ultima got a bad rap a few years ago with quality control because they were outsourcing some of their parts. Mostly engine top end issues, even then their customer service was good and quickly resolved customers problems. I believe they do all of their machining in house and their quality is top notch. Of course they are not S&S or baker, but great quality for 1/4th the price and heads above revtech. I have 2 riding buddies that are running an Ultima El Bruto 127 inch engine with Ulitima's 6 speed RSD and one running thier 107 in 6 speed package and they have about 10k and 20k on them with no issues.

after reading post from jody7734 i did some searching.What i am finding is that an Ultima 6 spd may be what i get.I'm not a long distance "touring" rider .I'm a fair weather rider .I'm sure a Baker is "all that",but for the price of admission it is not in my gameplan .If i had the money that obviously some here have,I'd spring for a Baker .But i don't, so i won't. FWIW in my search i did find a lot of negative on Revtec.Is there any more input on Ultima ?Thank you

Now if Baker could streamline their manufacturing,and have a little less markup,buying one would be a no brainer .I wonder if the competition will force them to lower price.I can buy a used running shovel(whole bike) for the price of their trans .Sorry for rambling ,but i can buy a tremec for my Chevelle for the price of a Baker .I know most here love the Baker ,But sheese.........6-2 and even

Just curious here but if you are shopping price because of a budget, aside from the extra gear why not stay with your present 5 speed. The 6th gear really isn't that much of an advantage IMO. I have it and don't think much of it and would rather have the 5 speed.

Just curious here but if you are shopping price because of a budget, aside from the extra gear why not stay with your present 5 speed. The 6th gear really isn't that much of an advantage IMO. I have it and don't think much of it and would rather have the 5 speed.

I've been rolling that around .I WOULD rather have a little lower r's at 80 .But i don't know if i'm ready for the financial hit.You are one of the first with a six speed that hasn't told me it made thier bike a different bike.Maybe i'm listening to too many six speeders.Thank you Glider, for a reality check.
Have a good day

Back