free website stats program Revtech 6 speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Revtech 6 speed

motor

Has anyone got any input, pro or con on a revtech 6 speed.I see the gearsets installed in trapdoor for 700 and a few dollars.I know it is not a Baker ,But it is 1/4 the price.I'd sure like another gear ,but don't want problems .Any real world experience input would be appreciated

Generally you get what you pay for. The Rev tech is Korean made.:s

I understand that you get what you pay for.But do you have any personal experience with the revtech,or how about an Ultima.If Baker could get a little more realistic on price .Baker it would be .But not for three to four times the money.I have a boat shop and even though i fought it to began with ,the chinese are making some decent replacement parts for Mercruiser and OMC,including complete drives .The result is that the oem's are having to lower markup to be competative.How about you ,Baker.Just sayin

I couldn't give you any personal experience with Rev Tech products because I wouldn't use them.

Sorry.

The only replacement I would use would be the Baker.

I couldn't give you any personal experience with Rev Tech products because I wouldn't use them.

Sorry.

The only replacement I would use would be the Baker.

With the advice of this forum, etc. I went with the Baker 7 Speed and haven't looked back. They are also great people to work with.

With the advice of this forum, etc. I went with the Baker 7 Speed and haven't looked back. They are also great people to work with.

If i had your money ,i'd do the same .For what Baker wants for a trans ,It is not in the cards for me .My bike is just a another toy ,and not a toy i want to throw 3 g's at for a 6th gear.Does anyone else on this forum maybe have any experience with anything other than a Baker.

You might ping Bubbie a PM. I think he has some experience with RevTech.

TQ

I completly understand your not wanting to spend the extra$$ on a Baker. I also understand the a lot of products that come from overseas meet OEM standards. What I think you may be missing is that Baker was the first to reengineer the HD trans for a 6th and 7th gear. Baker did all the R&D and testing to bring his trans to marked, and stands behind his product 100%. The overseas suppliers have coppied Baker and do not have the investment involved with a new product. I would check with RevTech to find out how they support their trans., I would then call Baker and ask the same question. You may feel differently and want to save a little longer to get the Baker. Your bike may be a toy but you still depend on it to get you where your going and to get you home.

If i had your money ,i'd do the same .For what Baker wants for a trans ,It is not in the cards for me .My bike is just a another toy ,and not a toy i want to throw 3 g's at for a 6th gear.Does anyone else on this forum maybe have any experience with anything other than a Baker.

What Money? Oh yea, it's all in Mz Bling's bike.:D

1/4 the Price and 1/4 the Quality:small3d012:

I have seen guys ride a few weeks and another lasted a few months! and the rev tech went PUKE!
The one guy saved his old tranny and was glad he did...He had it replaced under warranty and sold the new one when it came in!

Save your money up and get a Baker!

Plus Baker has a 5 yr warrenty Thats because they know there units are TOUGH! & THEY LAST!

better check to see if Rev-Tech makes the OD Tranny for your FLHT remember HD's Tranny is not an OD They call them Cruise Drive!,,,,,,its still 1to1 in 6th gear Bakers has a .86 reduction in 6TH they even offer a .80 reduction for some Trannys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back