free website stats program Revolution 98ci VS S&S 95ci | Harley Davidson Forums

Revolution 98ci VS S&S 95ci

01dynaglide

I have a 01 dyna super glide with SE air kit, V&H straight shot pipes, S&S 510G cam kit, adjustable push rods, high flow oil pump, high preformance lifter and high flow cam support plate. I'm starting to save up for my next upgrade but I can not make my mind up between the Revolution 98ci or S&S 95ci upgrade. I'm looking for + & - on these two and which one you think you would go with and why. Thanks for the imput!

Without doing your heads..the 7 more cubes will not pick up a lot of hp or torque...The weakest link in all these Harleys..Evos/88 or 96s is in the heads...Unless you have high mileage...keep it an 88..you already have a decent cam so send your heads out and get a street port done on them,a little bigger intake valve,increase compression by way of head gaskets and a little milling and you will get a lot more out of this than just a 95in kit alone...I would not do the 95in kit if your not planning on doing the heads@ the same time...JMO

Thanks, right now i'm right about 90K miles on the bike. I'm planning on putting different heads on as well. I just can't make my mind up on which way I want to go with it.

Yeah..with 90k it's time...I have never heard anything bad about S&S...Good customer support and they stand behind their products...I have heard pros and cons about Revolution..S&S are @ most major ralleys...

I knew S&S has really good stuff. I just haven't heard anything about Revolution. the S&S 95 is also about $250 cheaper then the Revolution 98. I don't know if 3 more ci is really worth the $250. Also I could go with heads from S&S and have cams, jugs, piston and heads from the same company instead of spread out.

I knew S&S has really good stuff. I just haven't heard anything about Revolution. the S&S 95 is also about $250 cheaper then the Revolution 98. I don't know if 3 more ci is really worth the $250. Also I could go with heads from S&S and have cams, jugs, piston and heads from the same company instead of spread out.

Nothing wrong with S&S stuff. Another option you might want to consider is a 98" kit from GMR Performance.
GMR Performance | Monthly Specials

98 Inch and 107 Inch Big Bore Kits $545.95
This kit includes forged CP pistons with fitted rings, boring of your cylinders;
We offer the pistons in several compression ratios. Please call for more info.

95/103 BB kits with forged CP pistons and cometic top end gasket kits $ 430

They also have complete engine kits including headwork at a reasonable price too.
The 98 inch kit is a true bolt on which includes:

* The kit includes everything to complete your build. GMR is a " one stop shop", and we are here for you from start to finish. GMR includes free tech support to help you complete your build, whether you require a little or allot of help. At GMR Performance, customer support is free of charge, and always just a phone call away. We also have many "STARTER" SERT and PC maps for you to choose from. We provide all of this free of charge for our customers, so you can get riding without any thought of engine damage.

Please take a look at the 98 inch dyno section and see for yourself. These kits create great power where you need it .However, if you still want more power, please take a look at the other kits we offer.

Specs for the 98 inch kit:

* Forged CP pistons with rings, clips and pins. This is no off the shelf piston but a true custom made piston for us. We made these piston to allow much less machining of the head surface as they are offered in a 3 cc dome
* Low end tq cam , several to choose from to meet your riding style
* Complete MLS top end gasket kit
* Fully CNC machined head ( your head ported)
* New guides taperedand diamond honed
* New viton seals
* New Ferrea 1.9 intake valve
* New Manley 1.625 exhaustcut down to ( that allows a 80% margin= great for flow) full radius valve job
* Milled to a correct CC for a cam of your choice. ( we can suggest several to fit your needs)
* Andrews 37 cam or R&R 525 Woods tw6 (slight price increase for woods cams)
* New springs with seat pressure set for the cam choosen
* LMR2 bypass spring
Adjustable pushrods and covers
* Total price for kit is $ 2, 296.95 gear drive kit plus shipping

HTH,
Randall

Back