free website stats program Reviews on the S&S Single Bore Intake Runner kit... | Harley Davidson Forums

Reviews on the S&S Single Bore Intake Runner kit...

FLHXSrider

Contributor
Hi,

I'm looking at putting a S&S Single Bore Intake Runner kit (sku#106-2447) onto my 2008 FLHT. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these and what they think of them. The only major mods to my ride are a Stage1 kit (with K&N filter) and Vance & Hines Slash cut slip-ons. I also have a Dobeck tuner but haven't installed it yet. Obviously I'll do it with the S&S kit so I can properly tune it. Any suggestions or feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,

FLHTrider08
WAP.gif

For a stock or Stage I engine, that intake runner is just Bling. And expensive bling. It won't affect performance plus or minus.
It is nice looking.

For a stock or Stage I engine, that intake runner is just Bling. And expensive bling. It won't affect performance plus or minus.
It is nice looking.
I would have thought it would give more airflow thus a bit more performance (when tuned properly). It won't give for airflow than the SE Stage1?

I would have thought it would give more airflow thus a bit more performance (when tuned properly). It won't give for airflow than the SE Stage1?

That setup will (probably) give more airflow to an engine that CAN pull more air. The K&N you now have will flow as much air as your stock cams will allow past the valves.

Back