free website stats program Review of a device to upgrade your kickstand | Harley Davidson Forums

Review of a device to upgrade your kickstand

bogiediver

bogie here again…

Got a chance to review a new item to help prevent potential damage to your bike – more importantly, to your ego - from an embarrassing ‘oops’.

A Made in the USA upgrade kit for jiffy stands on 2009-2015 Touring models (with plans to expand to additional models and years).

The review can be seen at Home - bogie's Motorcycle Product Reviews

Hope you find the review helpful.

Disclaimer: bogie is not employed by any of the companies or distributors mentioned; simply a rider who enjoys sharing knowledge about new products. The opinions contained in the reviews are strictly those of the writer. Rights to all company and product trademarks belong to the respective company.

Nope. Times out. I'm ok with my side stand anyway......:D

It's a thing that makes sure your stand is all the way down.So,if you are in the habit of putting the kick stand half way down,and then dropping your bike,it's for you.

The important thing is to lube kick stand pivot on a regular basis. There has been times that it will not fully extend and you will find bike falling over as you are getting off. I believe that is what this product will prevent the kick stand from not fully extending......
Great review as always bogiediver.:s

Can't explain the link issue - worked this morning.. both the link I posted in the first post and the direct to the review link dbmg posted (thanks for the assist).

On another forum a comment was made that the upgrade was a solution to a problem that does not exist...

While I am first in line to agree that it is not a daily occurrence - my wife did have it happen to her on a 2013 Street Glide rental... $2,500 in damage (fairing, saddlebag, footboard, exhaust all scratched up and had to be replaced/refinished).

Granted, if you are fully focused every time you deploy the stand; making certain it is, in fact, fully extended - then this may not be for you.

If you've ever had it happen to you, or helped someone pick up their bike after easing it over once it got past the catch point, your perspective may be different - as is mine. With this, there's much more confidence.

A problem that doesn't exist - I disagree. Not for everyone - certainly. For peace of mind - worth considering.

As with most things - everybody has their own threshold of need/want.

Your mileage may vary.

Can't explain the link issue - worked this morning.. both the link I posted in the first post and the direct to the review link dbmg posted (thanks for the assist).

A problem that doesn't exist - I disagree. Not for everyone - certainly. For peace of mind - worth considering.

NO problem on the assist.
But do not ask how I know about the kickstand not fully applied into detent.........:newsmile042:
I can thank the dear Misses for the help in righting scoot.

Back