Reverse gear

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by johnkarlfl, Mar 7, 2011.

1. johnkarlfl

johnkarlfl Active Member

2. Grillfish

Grillfish Junior Member

When my father in law hit reverse on his GW, sometimes I'm jealous, but it just makes me think a little more about where/how I park so I do not get stuck pointing downhill w/ no where to go.

Now if I had some issues with health or the ability to move the bike myself and I didn't ride a trike, then I might think about the reverse gear.

Found this video....

AIM Corporation Mamba Reverse Gear Install

3. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I only wish they would have demonstrated it on a more steeper incline and not a somewhat level parking lot. It seems like it could be beneficial in certain situations.

4. Mad Dog Jim

Mad Dog Jim Banned

Seems like a ton of money! I would only do it if there was no other way to keep riding!

5. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

WOW, they are proud of that. I think I can do without a reverse until my health runs out to where I have to get a reverse or a trike.

6. Porter

Porter Junior Member

You better have gloves on when you go to grab that handle. It has to be very warm....

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Hmmm, never drove a bike in reverse before, ha-ha-ha!

Seriously tho, if I had a trike I could see it, I usually find a place to park on a slight incline so I have no problems.

Did see a guy and his lady up in Birmingham one morning pull their trike into a downhill parking space. They didn't have a reverse gear and I offered to help them move it out when they left, he did say he was new to it.