free website stats program Rev limiter | Harley Davidson Forums

Rev limiter

I do believe it is 5800 RPM, yes you have one
Unless you have a Screaming Eagle download this would be stock setting

Yup 5500 limit, if you have the SE unit it would have 6000 and the SE pro is 7000 but make sure your engine is set up fo it

Hi, Does a 2001 Dyna FXD Superglide come stock with a rev limiter, And if so what is it set at?.. Thanks

Rev limiter is set at 5800 at the factory. A dealer will try to sell an ECM "flash" with a Stage I upgrade to add a bit of fuel and increase the rev limit to 6200 rpms. Easy to find out, let her spool up in 2d or 3d and watch the tach; you will know when you hit the rev limit and it won't hurt the motor. Mine is set at 6800 rpms and I hit it every time I get on the bike.:coffee

Rev limiter is set at 5800 at the factory. A dealer will try to sell an ECM "flash" with a Stage I upgrade to add a bit of fuel and increase the rev limit to 6200 rpms. Easy to find out, let her spool up in 2d or 3d and watch the tach; you will know when you hit the rev limit and it won't hurt the motor. Mine is set at 6800 rpms and I hit it every time I get on the bike.:coffee

I don't hit mine every time I ride, but I do hit it often. I Love to hear some Harley RPM's. :bigsmiley10:

Mind you, I would never hit the rev limiter intentionally, it just happens sometimes.:bigsmiley10: When running hard through the gears or pulling away from some knuckle head wanting to race, I keep my eye on the road.:s

Mind you, I would never hit the rev limiter intentionally, it just happens sometimes.:bigsmiley10: When running hard through the gears or pulling away from some knuckle head wanting to race, I keep my eye on the road.:s

:newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100::newsmile100:

Back