free website stats program Retirement where? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Retirement where?

Moorpark is great as is Camarillo (right NewHD.....?). Never hot, never cold, just right. We finally got some rain after a few years. RK is highly polished an ready to go. No kidding, we have the beach and mountains. Been to both in the same day many, many times.

Too many rules, too many politicians. Would be nice if we had one rule...you can only add a rule (new law, or initiative, or...) if you get rid of one first.

Larry has the right idea, what your looking for is a nice mild area that is "retirement friendly"...and while SoCal would fit as an ideal place, there is one (well maybe two) that may draw you back, the cost of living is high (unless you established yourself early here) and tax relief for the elderly. Northern parts of Ariizona, New Mexico, Texas, Florida etc. are all good for Baby Boomers wanting to enjoy their golden years...there are many sites on the Internet to help you with demographics of the best places to live, benefits such as low crime rate, public transit and quite frankly there are plenty of good places that allow riding year round.

Crazy Frog

I checked out the find your spot and it has me in Missippippi or Lousiana or Little Rock. Not really where I want to go. I was looking more to the southwest. The site is kind of interesting. I just wondered if anyone out there lives in the southwest and how they like it?

Otter

It is a neat site. Takes a few minutes to answer questions about your lifestyle and price range, then gives you suggestions.

Central Coast of California. Cooler than the L.A. area and warmer than the S.F. area. Year-round riding. Mild temperatures. Great riding roads. Humidity usually between 40 and 50. Lots of retired military in my town (Lompoc, CA) who have been posted around the world and come here for the climate.

Of course, as others have pointed out, you would have to put up with one of the most dysfunctional state governments in the country.
If I could afford it the Big Sur area would be my first choice out of everywhere I have been in this great country.

Been to Ca alot over the years too many people, too much traffic! I would like to hear from someone that lives in the southwest or southern US. Perhaps I should go to those sites to post this question?

I live in Ormond Beach,Florida, one town up from Daytona Beach. I ride 12 month a year and enjoy every mile of it. Daytona has more motorcycle businesses around to spend money on than probably any other part of the country. And there is always Bike week and Biktoberfest to keep you interested. It is hot in the summer but not as bad as everyone thinks. I'll take a Florida summer over a Chichago Winter anytime.

"itellya"....look around plenty of cities in the south west or east with population of 50,000 that are great for retirement. I am Canadian and will be looking at the south to retire in 3 yrs. No need for 4 lane highways when retired.

I chose to retire in Arizona, you can ride your bike with a loaded pistol exposed as long as you are not a prior felon and I just rode today with a short sleeve t-shirt on and a leather vest to welcome home a returning soldier from the "crack" with the Patriot Guard Riders at the Sky Harbor Airport today. Cost of living expenses not too costly for one of the largest cities in the country. Does not seem crowded for a big city with all major sports teams, little road congestion. Everything and anything that peeks your interest is here or within about a 4 hour drive max + Vegas ain't too far either. Those kinds of things did it for me.

Back