free website stats program Retire the bell or keep for luck ? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Retire the bell or keep for luck ?

I transfer my bell to the new bike, and the last couple times i kept my hypercharger and put it on the new bike. cant really tell you why. just a weird thing i do.

I've transfered mine 3 times. However, when I hung it under the Ultra, I picked a spot to tie it to. Then the 1st time I jacked the bike up, it was crushed between the jack and the frame. It's still there, just flat as a pancake and doesnt ring anymore.

My daughter gave me my bell for Xmas and I proudly hung it from the lower triple tree between the forks. Not long after that I noticed every time I hit a pretty good bump (like coming out of my driveway) it sounded like a piece of sheet metal flapping loose. Finally figured out the bell was hitting the top of the fender. Not enough to leave a mark, just make an annoying sound. So, just shorten up the lanyard and problem solved, right-NOT. Next ride it somehow broke off and now all I have left is the lanyard (still tied in place) and a nice round dent square on top of my fender. So, in my case the bell was the Gremlin. Don’t know if I want another one or not, or maybe I should have a long talk with my daughter about how she really feels about me. LOL

My daughter gave me my bell for Xmas and I proudly hung it from the lower triple tree between the forks. Not long after that I noticed every time I hit a pretty good bump (like coming out of my driveway) it sounded like a piece of sheet metal flapping loose. Finally figured out the bell was hitting the top of the fender. Not enough to leave a mark, just make an annoying sound. So, just shorten up the lanyard and problem solved, right-NOT. Next ride it somehow broke off and now all I have left is the lanyard (still tied in place) and a nice round dent square on top of my fender. So, in my case the bell was the Gremlin. Don’t know if I want another one or not, or maybe I should have a long talk with my daughter about how she really feels about me. LOL

Sorry to hear of your bell misfortune. But, you are suppose to hang it as low as possible. When low to the ground, the gremlins get caught in the bell. Up to high and the bell won't catch em. They then have time to mess with your bell. God I'm I really saying this. :small3d023:

So the guy that I bought my bike from left the bell on, should i take it off or leave it on?

I took mine off, mainly cause 1) I had bike problems on the ride home after buying it; 2) I do not believe in them and 3) I did not like the demon like design on the bell.

Your choice.

After I traded in my last bike for my Ultra, I realized I forgot to remove my gifted bell...actually felt terrible and vulnerable. Went back the next day and retrieved it... not sure it works but...

I transfered my bell when I traded. There is one thing I noticed when I got this Ultra home, I has a bell hanginmg from the saddle bag bracket. It is a small bell, yet I have decided to leave it on there.

Back