free website stats program Retire the bell or keep for luck ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Retire the bell or keep for luck ?

IMO getting rid of the bell is bad luck . The bell should only be given to you by someone who cares for you . You should NEVER buy our own bell if you sell or trade your bike you should keep the bell & put it on the new bike . The bell is a symbol of protection from the people that want to protect you from harm !!!! I have 3 bells on my bike & the people who gave them to me are close to my heart . IMO

You've got to keep your bell. If it was on your bike, and you've taken her this far as to sell her to someone else, then I'd say the gremlins have left you alone. If the bell is working, why would you not keep it. Quoting Smitty, a piece of chrome from old to new. A piece of old glory has got to stay alive.

Gift or not, no matter how low, the bell does not insure good luck or any thing else. & I have the scars to prove it! That said, that worthless piece or scrap metal is still hanging off the frame..

Or like "Top" says, see if you can get it back. (When they detailed the bike to sell it, they probably removed it, and if you're lucky, the guy has a box he keeps that kinda stuff he removes in)

My own personal "tradition" is not cleaning or polishing the bell. I let it weather naturally. Can't tell you why...just seems "right" for me.

I solved the problem of what to do when getting a new bike. I kept the old one. My wife has given me two bells. (My daughter's boyfriend gave me one too... That one I use as a Christmas ornament.)

Gift or not, no matter how low, the bell does not insure good luck or any thing else. & I have the scars to prove it! That said, that worthless piece or scrap metal is still hanging off the frame..

Not believing renders the bell useless. You'd be mocking the gremlins by keeping the bell hanging and being a not believer. Now you surely don't want to do that.

The bell my wife bought me is hanging on my handle bar. I know it is supposed to be at the lowest point on the bike but I like seeing it and I also like to hear it ring. So far so good; I don't dare move it because I know something bad will happen if I do. I don't necessarily believe in myths, but I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law! (and Harley Clause):D

Back